Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 06:39AM

I mean, a war in Heaven sounds really awesome, with lots of angels battling it out with demons, with flaming swords, until you realize they all have eternal life, and none could die, plus no bodies to inflict damage on, so it would be just a bunch of people standing around taunting each other. Really lame, when you get down to it, and hardly what I would term a war.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 08:36AM

How funny! Never thought of this.

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 08:42AM

When I was a kid, I didn't understand this, either. So, if no one can be killed or injured, and assuming they didn't take prisoners, how did 1/3 of the hosts of heaven even think they had a chance against the other 2/3? And how did they count a victory in a battle? The other side just got tired out first? Another example of stupid mormon doctrine.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 08:44AM

Now, now, that's a loose threat unraveling from your faith--don't pull on it or before you know it--poof!

Along those same lines, I also wondered why Jesus dying was a "sacrifice" for all mankind, since he knew he couldn't die and he was only away on a trip to "hell" which if you are Mormon, is America.

Anagrammy

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:25AM

With black holes and supernovas. How do you think all that matter became disorganized?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 08:45AM

forbiddencokedrinker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...it would be just a
> bunch of people standing around taunting each
> other.

Or just sticking their tongues out at each other.

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 09:13AM

Date: May 04, 2012 09:35AM

Of course it would mean that the rudest and biggest jerks would be among the elite, which certainly explains a lot about Mormons.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:09AM

Of course, if this were true, the biggest enclave of mormonism would be in France.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 08:52AM

My favorite theory is that it's all a hoax. By that theory, most of it becomes more and more unclear as science and logic and reason advances, and you uestion it. The exceptions are authority and sin.

Date: May 04, 2012 09:13AM

BTW, can it still be called 'heaven' if a war was fought there? Heaven is not all that great if it is not immune to religious wars either.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 09:28AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 09:36AM

I was valliant at it because I was born white and reasonably blessed in Zion. But I was not as valiant as others in my family who had strong tesimonies and spiritual experiences more willingness to keep questions in check. I was an embarrassment to my parents because I asked too many questions and was bald until I was two years old which. I should have been MORE valiant to be born with more tact and hair.

Date: May 04, 2012 09:39AM

You were good at taunting people, but you just were not on the drive them out of heaven to go live in outer darkness forever level of taunting. No wonder Mormons are so insufferable, they had to be the kind of people, who would make you make that kind of choice.

Date: May 04, 2012 09:48AM

minus the ball.

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 09:52AM

My kids fight wars everyday to save mankind :)

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:40AM

Everyone knows that Xbox360 is the one true game system.

Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:21AM

in the war in heaven? How come no one was a private or maybe a first lieutenant? Was there a great Navy in the "War in Heaven"?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:26AM

Whiskey_Tango Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was there a
> great Navy in the "War in Heaven"?

It was all an air war.

There was a navy, but we don't talk about it, as they were quickly sunk, and this is why Satan still rules the seas. It was rather embarressing, having to swim back to shore, but all the sailors were punished by God, by being made to be born in Canada.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:38AM

Huh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 10:48AM by canadianfriend.

Date: May 04, 2012 10:45AM

It's why you poor people have to suffer through your eleven months of winter, and constant Moose attacks.

Posted by: Robin ( )

Remember the stories about the person who has down syndrome being the one to bind Satan's left arm?

Posted by: LineUponLine ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:22AM

Wait, how did I miss that faith promoting myth?

So Satan is a "Leftie" and ONLY those with Down's Syndrome can hold him down?

Do other dissabilities also come with special powers?

Can't believe I never heard that.

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:28AM

Maybe they inflicted you to bad soul music. Or maybe they made you think of naked women or men, which was frustrating, because you didn't have equipment yet. Kinda like being in a titty bar...

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:35AM

They just shunned each other. Jesus was apparently a black belt in shunning and Satan only got to brown.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:39AM

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 10:41AM

"The lard tells us not to dwell on these things, dear."

But seriously, maybe it was like the Titans movie DW and I just saw a couple of weeks ago. Maybe god was like Liam Neeson tied to a couple of stone pillars.

Date: May 04, 2012 10:56AM

Reenactment of one of the fierce battles in heaven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfPcdGnIK6c

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:09AM

Maybe it was a video game war. "Immortal Kombat"

Posted by: LineUponLine ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:15AM

As a kid I thought the only way a war in heaven would make sense is if the moment we "died" in heaven we were born on earth. It explained why younger generations were more "valiant" than older. We were better fighters than our ancestors. Of course that also meant my kids probably kicked my ass in heaven. My grandkids will probably be Delta Force assassins.

Wow the mental gymnastics started early for me.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:20AM

It was a Jedi mind trick type of war. They were all standing in front of each other waving a hand in front of each others faces and telling each other what to think. "Believe in Jesus you will."

What a hilarious bunch of stupidity mormonism is. A war in heaven. Why would we want to go to heaven then?

Posted by: OlMan ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:28AM

It's in the middle of the Apocalypse, in our future.

Regardless of how it goes down, or whether you believe it, it's not a historic event, yet.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:35AM

It was already happening in the preexistence with the war in heaven with good and bad coexisting. Also apparently, in the preexistence we already existed, so why is it called "preexistence"?

The more you think about these thing the less they make sense.

Posted by: Chris Deanna ( )
Date: May 04, 2012 11:36AM

Am I the only one?...who sees it this way?

There are sometimes "wars" in my living room (let's stretch it and call it "Heaven"). I have little boys, and lots of them. I'm a single EARTHLY parent (mom).

When the wars start, I intervene, give directions, like, "Work it out!" "Use your words!" or "If you can't solve this together...I will." [That one usually works fast.]

So, Heavenly Father stood there and allowed the war! Hmmmmm, and what about all the Heavenly Mothers? This is my point! They just stood back and allowed it to happen---in THEIR LIVING ROOM??!! NOT LIKELY.

If you have ever seen me in my minivan with all of my (real flesh and blood) children, late for an appointment, literally tossing into the back seats endless McDoubles (with Cheese) napkins and drinks, while stopping a bloody nose, older boy from kicking brothers, and trying with no result to understand why youngest is deathly afraid of McDonald's pickles -- so, he's screaming...you will have proof positive that our "Heavenly Parents" did not stand by and let this happen...after all, we are made in their image, right?

Do any of you let a WAR happen between your children in your homes?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.