Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 10:54PM

I live out here in the southeast part of the country. I have NO plans to go to the Great & Spacious Mall.

But I'm wondering if they are calling unpaid missionaries to work the Great and Spacious Mall yet?

Or if locals are being asked to put in a few hours, or a day's work at the mall?

In particular, I am expecting member SLC cops being asked to moonlight (for no pay, of course) maybe one or two nights a week doing security at the mall.

Or a senior missionary couple called, where one of the couple is a CPA, or a private security manager, or a physical facilities manager. Why pay for professional services when you can con a senior missionary couple to do the service for free?

So, am I right?

Anybody know FOR SURE that unpaid church membership is working at that for-profit mall yet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 11:37PM

Is there a travel agency in there? They could volunteer to sell packages for retired mishies to go work on different farms or whatever important work they should be doing rather than lazing around.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 11:56PM

Great way for the church to recoup some of their money. Missionaries get an extra hour on their p-day, provided they use it to shop at the new mall.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 12:02AM

We had reports that senior missionaries were sent there to give directions, act as greeters, etc. I don't know if this is or was a permanent vs. temporary assignment when the mall opened.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 02:28AM

What's the woop if they do have mishies there? They already call the oldies to work in many other church-owned for-profit properties management corporations.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 03:27AM

Nice that some senior Mormons get to consider the senior missionary option. My parents, busy churning out nearly a dozen kids and paying god knows how much tithing, and falling for every bloody MLM scheme promoted by fellow members, don't actually get the luxury of retiring.

For the foreseeable future my father will postpone retirement as he struggles to pay off his mortgage. Cut off at the knees of course by the 10%+ his wages are garnished. Hampered by the extra 20hrs+ a week he is spending on his duties in the bishopiric I doubt he will stop working this side of 75. Fuck I hate this cult.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 03:53AM

that would be pretty crass of ChurchCo

oh wait....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.