Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: zenmaster ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 08:53PM

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/33382_eng.pdf?lang=eng

I'd be curious to hear what the audience reactions were...what was the vibe in the room...would have loved to get some candid photos of the facial expressions :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wow ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 09:43PM

I was there live and in person. Saturday evening priesthood session. Not a single soul made eye contact with another. My youngs men president had a major kidney stone attack during the talk, which caused quite a commotion and provided some relief from Packer's voice. I still remember the general consensus was that it was better to have a kidney stone, than have to listen to Packer working his little factory into a frenzy.

LDS stuff in the 70's --- it was a fraud but it was a lot more fun.

Posted by: Battle_AX ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 09:59PM

Hell yes I was there and I will never forgive the Boyd K Fucking Packer for it. It changed my life in not a good direction of guilt and shame.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 11:00PM

I was there after a fashion. A live audio feed of that priesthood session was piped to our El Paso stake building. I had never heard of the guy before, and after his talk, I had an instant, life-long contempt for him. Hence my moniker.

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 12:41AM

I walked into our stake center a few minutes late and sat in the back. I think this was in 1976. Every man was staring at the ground (the talk had just started). Once I started listening, I realized why everyone was looking down.

Immediately I started feeling the guilt. I don't know how many days--1 or 2, elapsed before I started stroking the bone again.

Eventually, I thought, what the fuck, if I'm doing it once I might as well do it as often as I please. I didn't worry sbout how often I was doing it until a few years later when I was getting ready to go to the temple.

Eventually I learned to lie and say I didn't jack off (at least not that hour). The Boner!

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 06:04AM

lol

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 12:48AM

This was before my time... But holy s*** that was an uncomfortable read. I couldn't imagine being there in person. Little factory... Hahahaha

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 12:59AM

I didn't hear it live, but a copy of that talk was given to us. As a 14 year old in the very late '80s, I had figured out a couple of years before what masturbation was, though I didn't have a name for it. Sex was never, ever discussed in my house. From what I understand, my sisters didn't know what was going to happen on their wedding day until the day or day before they were married. While I'm sure now that I left behind ample amounts of evidence of having masturbated, strangely enough, nobody ever asked me about it. My parents were that repressed. (Though not repressed enough to prevent them from having 9 children. But that is another story for another day.)

We had to watch Packer's infamous talk at a fireside. Mercifully, they turned off all the lights in the chapel while the projecting image of Packer warned us all about the eternal consequences of fondling our 'little factories'. I'm sure everybody was blushing! I sure was.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 01:10AM

I wasn't, but one of my missionary comps told me that he had listened to the live audio feed in his stake center. The reaction there was the same as everywhere else, apparently.

I believe the term he used was "mortified." Not just the sons, but the fathers as well... everyone. Staring at their feet, shifting uncomfortably on the benches, wishing desperately for it to stop, or to be anywhere else but there.

Posted by: smo ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 11:07AM

A 2 hour+ podcast was just released at:

http://infantsonthrones.com

They found the original audio from BKKKKP's talk.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 01:31AM

This is great...lol!

Posted by: london ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 11:35AM

They were still rehashing this when I entered the youth program in the 80's. My factory has been working overtime since 1982, harder then Foxconn factory trying to release the next iPhone. Howbeit, not without an extreme since of guilt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 11:37AM by london.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 12:21PM

The Mormon preoccupation with spanking the monkey seems so incredibly bizarre to me now. If they are insistent about policing bodily functions they really should move on to something else, like picking your nose and eating it, or chewing with your mouth open.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 01:29PM

I was there listening to it live at age 14. It was the beginning of about a 10 year mindf*ck for me. I really didn't know this thing had a name. It just seemed like fun, but then I found out I was a complete tool of Satan overnight!

I spent most of my adolescence feeling tremendously guilty trying to overcome my natural urges. I really loathed myself. I managed not to spank the monkey my entire mission which might be close to some kind of world record for a male in the prime of his horniness.

In my later early 20s I finally put the pieces together that almost everyone has this urge and hardly anyone can completely abstain from it. I got tired of confessing it, and a lot of the bishops didn't really care anyway (thank Mormon Jesus), probably because they were SO TIRED of hearing all those confessions (the perverted ones being the exception). So, I just didn't talk about it any more.

Needless to say, when I finally deconstructed the farce that Mormonism is, I was more than a little pissed. It is highly likely that nothing that will ever happen in my life that will be as big a mindf*ck as that experience.

If after BKP finally kicks the bucket, and I happen to be some where in Happy Valley near the cemetery where he's buried, I may just give him a peek at my "little factory" as I whizz by. ;-)

Date: July 26, 2014 02:00PM

Peek, hell, give him a bit o' your factory's output. Wouldn't that be a fitting tribute to one of the worst toads to grace the slime bog of GAdom: his gravestone becoming a shrine to jerk off on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2014 02:00PM by Void K. Packer.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 11:14PM

Void K. Packer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Peek, hell, give him a bit o' your factory's
> output. Wouldn't that be a fitting tribute to one
> of the worst toads to grace the slime bog of
> GAdom: his gravestone becoming a shrine to jerk
> off on.

Emphasis on "whizz" of "whizz by" in my post. I guess I was too subtle.

Date: July 27, 2014 03:16AM

Haha, got it now. <thumbs up>

Date: July 26, 2014 02:25PM

I wonder of other members of the FP and Q12 give BKP a bad time about that talk. He will never live it down. Nor should he!

Posted by: dadsprimalscream ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 06:19PM

My memory tells me I was there in the chapel listening to the broadcast, but the timeline doesn't fit. I would have been only 11 and thus not in the priesthood meeting. It must have been a video we had to watch sometime later. I was definitely a deacon and fighting homosexual feelings at the time.

The only thing I remember is utter panic and devastation when he related the story glorifying the missionary beating up his gay companion... And how much audience laughter it produced.

That was my take-away.

That if anyone knew I was gay I'd get beat up and that it would be OK with this God and his leaders.

That stuck with me a very long time

Posted by: Elwood ( )
Date: July 26, 2014 11:34PM

I was a teenager at the time. I was at our stake center in Salt Lake, sitting in the back, on folding chairs on the basketball court with my brothers. I think Dad was sitting up front. I remember Boyd's blabber was uncomfortable, and everyone wanted to just pretend it hadn't happened. We never talked about it that night or ever. As for me, even back then I thought Boyd was a little off the deep end.

I was surprised later when the talk got printed up and handed out.

Date: July 26, 2014 11:41PM

In case anyone hasn't seen the infamous pamphlet we all got as young men, here you go:

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/33382_eng.pdf?lang=eng

Posted by: baneberry ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 03:32AM

Those are still around.

Date: July 27, 2014 03:36AM

Have you spanked the monkey in time to the hymn you are humming?

Date: July 27, 2014 03:31AM

I can recall it well. I was 16 years old and an avid supporter of factory production. My guilt levels shot through the roof. Every time it happened I swore to myself it would be the last. It got to such a guilt level I decided I was not missionary material and that my only hope of fixing it was to get married so that I had a proper place for sexual expression (little did I know). I got married at 18 just so I wouldn't have to go on a mission and try to figure out how not to do it for 2 years.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 03:34AM

I was a week away from my 12th birthday and I went to hear that conference session with my grandfather. I was mortified. My dad called me later and asked if I had heard to talk. When I said yes, he expressed his pleasure at not having to have that conversation with me himself. And of course I collected a few copies of the pamphlet in later years as well…

Posted by: void pecker ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:56PM

at 66 it's getting harder to wack the johnson. But I would be honored to wacked off on Boyds grave. You young geeks, put up a web site "I-wack-on-BKPs-grave.com" My little factory can still produce :)

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 02:45PM

And you inspired me...

I (state your full name) for and on behalf of Boyd K. Packer whose little factory is dead do hereby strive to expell little factory substance. Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh. Damn that felt good.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 01:15PM

Why didn't he just plainly say: brethren, do not stimulate your p enis to cause ejaculation! You are only to ejaculate inside your wife's vagina.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 01:17PM

Funny you can say dick but you can't say p enis without this site blocking the word.

also my Spam prevention code is FKPPW or fk.. pee pee word

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 01:27PM

I was most likely at home in the downstairs bathroom, maximizing factory output.

Date: July 27, 2014 01:34PM

This talk and SWK's 'It's a Miracle If You Can Be Forgiven' probably really fouled up a healthy approach to sexuality for a lot of young men.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 01:36PM

I'm laughing at the use of the word "mortified".

That one word pretty much sums it up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.