Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jessie ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 06:25PM

I was writing a comment to someone on a youtube video and some looney lady comes along and butts into our convo and just shows me even more why mormons are nuts!
She was going off at us for *gasp* swearing!!
I see that she's gone and answered to other people for swearing in their comments and then she starts writing the same comments about the church everywhere. Here are her gems:

So anyway, I have explained about the "Magic Mormon Underwear" many times online. Yet I still see all this poking fun. Sheesh. As I've said, faithful members of the church wear this under their street clothes because the leaders in LDS churches have regular jobs--it is a lay ministry and the Bishop of the local congregation could be your local dentist or car mechanic. (And I have seen Bishops who have jobs!) The ministry in other churches are PAID, and they wear their garments so everyone can
cindybin2001 1 hour ago

see them and know who they are. It is their JOB. Mormons have a lay ministry in the local congregation. Also, most members have 'callings" in the church where they perform different roles like teachers, etc. The undergarments are just a symbol or reminder of who we are and our covenants with the Lord. It is no big deal, but of course people have to make fun and be all rude. It's so annoying! If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask.
cindybin2001 in reply to cindybin2001 (Show the comment) 1 hour ago

So anyway, I have explained about the "Magic Mormon Underwear" many times online. Yet I still see all this poking fun. Sheesh. As I've said, faithful members of the church wear this under their street clothes because the leaders in LDS churches have regular jobs--it is a lay ministry and the Bishop of the local congregation could be your local dentist or car mechanic. (And I have seen Bishops who have jobs!) The ministry in other churches are PAID, and they wear their garments so everyone can
cindybin2001 1 hour ago

Also, davidlory ("mormon family guy") has a good video on "Magical Mormon Underwear" if you want to check it out. I wrote a blog about him which is on my homepage linked in my profile, posted feb. 2012. He has alot of good videos which explain the doctrines of the LDS Church.
cindybin2001 in reply to cindybin2001 1 hour ago

(what I just posted was all underneath each other)

Do you have to use profanity? Oh that makes me mad. Haven't you read my many rants against profanity over the years? I'm speaking not as a Mormon here but just as a woman! It is so crude and offensive to talk this way! There are ladies here!Have you heard that a gentleman shouldn't swear in front of a lady? Do you swear in real life? What type of woman would date or marry a man who uses profanity? Don't you want to marry a NICE woman? Someone who will be a good mother to your children someday?

Oh for heaven's sake! I just can't believe this! DON'T PEOPLE HAVE ANY MORALS, VALUES, COMMON SENSE OR MANNERS?? What parent would ever raise their kids to use profanity?? At any age?? Most parents try to raise their kids to NOT swear!!

It is TERRIBLE that you use profanity! Oh this makes me furious! After all I have ranted over the years about why we shouldn't swear, and yet I STILL find people who do this! Didn't your parents teach you any better manners?? And yes, what type of woman would want to date or marry a man who swears? Don't you want to marry a NICE woman??

Oh my gosh, you are a WOMAN?? Oh this drives me nuts. And I'm not speaking as a Mormon here but just as a woman. I'd say this even if I weren't LDS (and keep in mind I'm a CONVERT to the church so I know what it's like to not be Mormon). But here I am yelling at the GUYS to watch their language because ladies are on these boards, so it really drives me nuts when a woman swears! And if you don't mind your husband swearing, then how sad is that? And he doesn't mind that you swear?? UGH!!!

I just looked at your profile and saw your comment on some anti-gay commercial where you used the sh-word. WHY??? Why did you feel the need to use such crude, offensive language?? Oh this just drives me nuts! And your husband honestly doesn't mind? And if your husband doesn't mind you swearing, then I'm sure he's not the type of guy I would have ever been attracted to when I was single!

AARGGGGHHH! What is WRONG with you people?? Why can't you just feel bad and embarrassed and THANK me for taking time to speak up about this?? YOu set a TERRIBLE EXAMPLE! Any young people reading this board would think that when you grow up, it's cool to swear! You make me sick. And your girlfriend doesn't eve mind that you swear? Tell her to email me, I'd love to give her a piece of my mind.

I mean it, you are just terrible. YOu talk about your "wonderful girlfriend" and how you both swear. Well how sad is that? Then you two aren't so wonderful, are you?? How crude and unladylike that she'd swear, andof course if SHE swears, of course she wouldn't mind if YOU swear. Well I would never date or marry a man like that! And you shouldn't want to date or marry a woman who swears! Why don't you want to marry a NICE woman? Someone who has the morals and values to know NOT to swear??

But of course since YOU swear, you think nothing is wrong with your gf swearing. So is this the type of woman you want raising your kids someday? Don't you want to marry a NICE woman? Someone who WON'T SWEAR?? Doesn't your gf want to marry a NICE GUY?? Someone who doesn't swear?? Oh you people just make me sick. Weren't you taught any better than this? Is this how you're going to raise your kids someday? To type profanity on the Internet for all to see, and swear in real life?

I honestly could keep going with her comments, this is just a little bit. At first thought it was troll but I looked at her page and sadly it's a mormon. Not only do they look nuts to the outsdie world but they do nothing to debunk the myths and act naturla but start going off at people on how they loves their lives. Oh and I also saw she wrote she was a convert about 10 times *facepalm*

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 06:35PM

Oh Geez! I think I'd be tempted to lambaste her for using the word Gosh because it is just a variation on God. Everybody knows that's what she means when she uses Gosh.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 13, 2012 10:22PM

lillium Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh Geez! I think I'd be tempted to lambaste her
> for using the word Gosh because it is just a
> variation on God. Everybody knows that's what she
> means when she uses Gosh.

Yeah, give her a taste of her own medicine. Let her know how she sounds.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 25, 2012 06:45PM

Who died and turned her into the swearing police?
What a bossy self righteous bitch!

It is nice to know she wouldn't be attracted to my husband. Her being so speshul and all.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:03AM

by saying, "Lady, I don't give a fuck who or what offends you. Nobody is holding a gun to your head to read this shit. If it upsets you so much, STOP reading it. Mind your own fucking business."

Date: March 26, 2012 04:47PM

I did actually tell her to fuck off out of our convo, stop being a bitch and stop assuming everyone on here is a male and she didnt like that(I tried using as much profanity as I could lol), then I saw she was attacking everyone else so I wrote her this after she started attacking me being a female and how Im married to such a wrong person for swearing:

why do you feel the need to try and tell people how to live? why do you feel the need to tell everyone on here multiple times you are a convert to the mormon church?
So what people swear WHO CARES. Stop worrying about everyone else.
so what my husband isnt what yould be attracted if you were "single" he is exactly what Im attracted to.
you have serious issues, get off the net and go do something productive outside if you are so worried about language instead of telling people on the net

she stopped after my comment to her! Someone needs to bitch slap her in real life though

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 09:53PM

YES!!! Way to go, Jess! Teach that Mo-troll a lesson!

I especially loved the "So What" part. So people cuss, so you're a woman yourself, so there are ladies there (as the Tourettes Guy on YouTube once said in response to that: "There are ladies everywhere, you dumb phuk!"), so she wouldn't be attracted to your husband,...

So What!!?

Or as the Anti-Nowhere League (and subsequently, Metallica) sang: "So Phukin' What!!?" I always get a kick out of that song!

Posted by: elysiannevermo ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:30AM

As soon I saw cindybin2001, I knew exactly who you were talking about. She is the one with the lifelike dolls that takes them around so people thinks she has a kid?

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 12:44PM

no way-- so funny. Are you being for real?... you know who this lady is- on youtube or in real life? Her comments were absurd and funny. Thanks for posting them- Jessie. They made me laugh.

Date: March 26, 2012 04:40PM

yes that is her! Yup she does have a kid, has a video of the child on her page with all her dollies she videos (shudders)

Posted by: THG14jay ( )
Date: April 13, 2012 10:18PM

She is crazy. Crazy old hag...

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 11:45AM

Someone who isn't so immature they get on the internet and have a temper tantrum when grownups use grownup words. Get out of your cult's environments and you'll find a larger, more colorful, definitely richer world than the one you're living in.

You have my pity because you are genuinely pathetic.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 12:03PM

wow. Shouldn't this lady be canning food or cleaning her house instead of spending all day policing videos on youtube?

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 12:10PM

It's really quite simple. She goes all self-righteous bitchqueen on this stuff because she doesn't want to deal with her own severe doubts. No other reasons.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 01:44PM

Only people with no manners interrupt a conversation to insert their oppositional two cents, and it takes a lot of spleen to interrupt a conversation and CRITIQUE the language of people who weren't even speaking to the interruptor.

But then, that is often your MO, so I shouldn't be surprised...

Posted by: Bryan O'Neil ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 12:50PM

The main problem (for the LDS Church) is when people who are not Mormons look in on the conversation and see a self-rightous hag.

Mormons like her are worth 10,000 anti-Mormons. Who wants to be in a religion of the people are like that?

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 01:30PM

She has "reborn babies", and others, and dresses them up, poses them, has all kinds of accessories - she doesn't just collect them, she plays with them, a lot. That's really, really pathetic. This woman carries arrested development to a whole new level. She has a thing against pot smokers too; anyone who disagrees with her is probably a pot smoker...

I've seen a couple of adult women's doll collections, and they're the fancy ones on stands, dressed in traditional clothing from other countries, preserved in cases. The women don't take them out and dress them up, playing with them. They're not Mormon either...

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: March 26, 2012 04:18PM

They're getting even crazier on the salt lake tribune. They need to stay at the deseret news.

Posted by: THG14jay ( )
Date: April 13, 2012 10:15PM

OH MY GOD! cindybin2001 is so annoying! For the love of Jesus Christ, can she shut up? THAT LADY IS OUT OF HER MIND. I used profanity one time in a comment on YouTube and she started giving me a lecture that took up 5 comments. I mean I thought some of my Mormon friends here in Utah were crazy religious because they didn't listen to a certain band because they drank and swore. But this lady is crazy, she needs to mind her own business.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 03:17PM

Posted by: arend ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 01:32PM

I finally came across some comments left by TBM cindybin2001 on youtube. My goodness is she for real??! The COB must cringe with folk like this defending the morg !

These are comments she made on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSzPtaK03M

SoNSanDiego:
"Since Joseph Smith based Mormonism on lies, I would hardly trust the truth to come from Mormons, especially because they have their secret doctrine. You can't even get into the temple, I assume, since you have never answered my question. So, even your claim to know the truth about Mormonism is dishonest. Would suggest you do some study of non-Mormon materials."

cindybin2001:
"OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!! WHAT A THING TO SAY! "Since Joseph Smith based Mormonism on lies..." blah blah blah! HOW MEAN AND RUDE! you don't know what your'e talking about! Oh this makes me furious! My faith is very important to me and you all come on these boards and put it down and make fun and twist and distort things and act like you know everything when you don't know a THING!! I have been a member of the LDS church for over 30 years and I was thrilled to learn about this church! And I would
not joint some crazy, wacky "cult" or whatever you think it is! I AM NOT STUPID! I HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE! I STUDIED, PONDERED AND PRAYED FOR A LONG TIME BEFORE I JOINED THIS CHURCH! This was a huge big deal for me, a bit step, because nobody in my family was Mormon! I took alot of flack from friends and family members who didn't understand what the church was about and believed things they heard, like YOu do! What a thing to say, that you would "hardly trust the truth to come from Mormons,
especially because they have their secret doctrine." OH BROTHER!!! I can't believe you said that!!! Oh this makes me so mad, you IDIOTS who come on these boards and put down our faith and you don't even know what you are talking about! I try to be nice, I try to nicely explain things, and it is LIKE TALKING TO A WALL! YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST HORRIBLE! YOU DONT' EVEN WANT TO KNOW OR UNDERSTAND, YOU JUST WANT TO TEAR US DOWN!! And then you "suggest I do some study of non-Mormon materials." AARRGGGHH!
I have said over and over for MONTHS on these boards that I'm a convert to the LDS church and I read all this anti-Mormon stuff years ago, when I was first investigating the Church! It was all I could find back then, in CHRISTIAN book stores, of all places!!! We didn't have the INternet then and I did not want to talk to Missionaries because I never thought I'd joint the church, I just wanted to learn more about it. But then I did find out the truth about the Mormon church, I studied pondered and prayed for a LONG TIME, and then went to church and then talked to missionaries and asked to be baptized! I can't imagine being a member of any other church! Oh this just makes me so mad, you people who come on these boards and blurt out this mean stuff, when you KNOW that my church is important to me, you KNOW that you are just insulting me to my very core! But do you care?? No! You just blurt out all this mean stuff and "suggest I do some study of non-Mormon materials." OH BROTHER!!!
I read all that crap years ago when I was first investigating the church! I KNEW it couldn't be right! And I have since looked at the anti-Mormon websites just to see what they are like, and they are just RIDICULOUS!!! They just don't get it! They are SO twisted and distorted!! LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT THE CHURCH! you just come on here and blurt out about how "Joseph Smith based Mormonism on lies." WHAT A THING TO SAY! YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!! GROW UP AND SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR PEOPLE!!!

mefrankme:
"Not if it contradicts the bible as it does with where Jesus would be born and as it does with the lie that Satan told Eve. Remember Satan told Eve that she would be like God if she ate the Forbidden Fruit? And what does the mormon faith teach? That one day each person who believes will be Gods of their own planet. The book of mormon also says that Jesus would be born in Jerusalem instead of Bethlehem -Alma 7:10 comapare that with Micah 5:2. It won't matter to you if the Truth doesn't."

cindybin2001:
"Yes I know about how we are taught we'll be Gods of our own planet! And that is why I joined the Mormon church! I want to rule the universe! We sit around in our church meetings and plot and plan about this ALL THE TIME! It is the entire focus of our church! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!"

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 13, 2012 10:16PM

Posted by: boiseguy ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 09:54AM

Tell her to go f# ck herself and mind her own business.

Posted by: acerbicone ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 01:42PM

cindybin and doris fenella!

Recently, I commented on a mission call where the person was posted to Ukraine but the comments of others there said she would be learning Russian. I suggested that she would be learning Ukrainian.

The response by some other TBM was that there is no such language as Ukrainian.

Now, there ARE areas of the Ukraine where the majority language is Russian, but to say there is no Ukrainian language is just inaccurate.

Are they that sensitive that they cannot even be corrected on the language used in another country?

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 12:06AM

Wait, what's her profile name again? cindybin... LADIN!!? Yeah, that fits her, all right!

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 03:01PM

Some people amaze me! What does she think the difference is between saying crap (which im confidant she uses) and sh!t. What is a "swear word" anyways? What makes saying, "Oh my gosh, I am so freaking mad! I don't give a rats behind about any of that bullcrap. People need to mind their own gosh darn business and keep their effin opinions to themselves and stop being witches" better than using thee actual "swear word"? Just because someone uses a "near swear word" doesn't change the intent.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 03:09PM

Crazy Mormon Lady is more interested in being polite that in being right.

Crazy Mormon Lady equates "nice" with "not swearing," which conveniently provides her with opportunities to present her mormon face to the world, with her mormon smile behind which no kindness lies.

Posted by: ymountain ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 04:52PM

holy fucking shit. i don't even know how to respond to that. lol

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 05:00PM

You know what this reminds me of? A child throwing a fit. Parents: what do you do when your child kicks and screams on the floor? You walk away... dont give them any attention. If she is going to act like a child then treat her like one.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 07:18PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.