Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:00PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:31PM

What a thoroughly horrible person

I never liked his music either, although that's hardly surprising considering my pseudonym ;-)

Tom in Paris

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 05:17PM

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 06:33PM

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 03:26AM

Wow, great link, thanks.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:38PM

He can read?

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:39PM

Sh!tty person.

Sh!tty music.

The ONLY reason that we ever hear his name in the 21st Century is because the Racist Right has made this "nothing" one of their heroes.

PS- what kind of epic asshole do you have to be to get kicked out of a Northern Idaho?! Lol

Posted by: Tal Bachman ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:39PM

Thanks for the clarification, Elder Berry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 05:10PM by Tal Bachman.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:54PM

What a dick. I used to love his music. Showing my age, but I blasted his 8 track tapes from my Craig Power Play. He used to be about "sticking it to the man". Now, he IS the man, on steroids (& LSD)

Date: July 24, 2014 06:34PM

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 05:05PM

Dunno Tal. Maybe the age thing ya know? Alice is politically putrid of late. And Dennis Miller and there are others.

Though I'm pretty ancient myself, I ain't going over to the dark side anytime soon.

Date: July 24, 2014 06:32PM

Thank you for the link Elder Berry. The headline of calling American Indians "vermin" was blatantly misleading and 100% not true. Thanks again for steering us to a more truthful account of what happened.

This American Indian news source doesn't mention the "vermin" statement and gives a good understanding of Mr. Nugent's actual offensive portrayals of American Indians.
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/07/22/coeur-dalene-cancel-ted-nugent-concert-over-rockers-racist-remarks-155995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zh6dhZ7hao&index=9

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 12:44AM

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:40PM

Ted Nugent can read?

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 12:45AM

Date: July 27, 2014 01:56AM

Please don't insult French people with any comparison with Nugent the slime ball.

Date: July 30, 2014 01:55AM

Please somebody put this slime out of his misery

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 07:53PM

We went to see Ted Nugent in concert one night [for $5 a ticket] in Salt Lake City. We were on the floor right up front, packed like sardines. I was trying for the spot against the fence, right up under the "Nuge".

The show was alright... but the best part was when this huge guy in front of me was hogging up about four spots in between me and my coveted spot. The guy must have felt the pressure because he swung around with his arm and the whole audience did a domino effect and hundreds of people fell back, leaving a gaping hole.

Ted Nugent jumped down from the stage on to this guy two feet from me and pounds this guy, which the security guards then removed. I got my spot and the show carried on.

We went because it was $5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 09:06PM by mormonomore.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 11:02PM

so how come you ted nugent lovers aren't telling us how he evaded the vietnam draft ?

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 02:56AM

This is the astounding aspect of the nuge's persona. He is just another chickenshit chickenhawk that wants other "patriots" to fight the wars he is too chickenshit to fight. I think he and blackheart chayknee are in the running for the greatest chickenshit ever.

Maybe there is a frenchie that matches the cowardice of Chayknee and the Nugedouche, but I really doubt it.

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 11:29PM

BLAH! He makes me ill.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 12:36AM

I don't think he actually married the 17 year girl he had a relationship with. That's what I remember anyway.

I very much dislike a lot of the things he has been saying lately. I thought he was going to leave the USA after Obama was elected? Why is he still here?

I like his music and used to be a fan but I don't like him anymore. He's always been "out there" but years ago he acted more patriotic rather than political if that makes any sense. Or maybe I was duped and not seeing the real Ted. He seems to have gotten even crazier since he moved to Texas.

Back in the stone age when a lot of people didn't have personal computers, I used to run into some of his kids on Prodigy message boards. I was still TBM at the time. Weird to thing about me being TBM. Scary.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 01:42AM

Maybe Ted Nugent's schtick is all marketing?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 05:30AM

The older I get, the more I realize---it's all schtick, and it's all marketing. "Old Shoe", dag the wog, newspeak from the Ministry of Truth. No biz but show biz...

The problem comes when folks start to believe their own bs. Few see their own mask (or those of others), much less try to set it aside.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 09:09AM

Ted probably became quite enamored with adoration and fame during his Wango Tango days, as he became an old fart he found that being a belligerent douchebag has kept that flame alive.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: July 25, 2014 09:32AM

Nugent is an ass. He prides himself on being outspoken and controversial even though he doesn't seem to have two live brain cells. There are a lot of people like that. Glenn Beck comes to mind.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 12:53PM

You're probably right. I've always found his antics entertaining. He cracks me up. I guess I never considered it serious commentary. But, I don't enjoy listening to a pretentious, stiff, square espousing the same views. I guess I get a kick out his persona.

I feel the same way about Ian Starglow - full of himself but funny.

But really - is he reading the Book of Mormon?

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 12:54PM

Let's see . . .

Boinking a teen-age girl who he is the "guardian" of.

Who does he think he is? Joseph Smith???

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 30, 2014 01:08PM

I was never particularly a fan of his, but I went to see one of his concerts years ago when he was passing through my area. I saw all of the name acts at the time. All I can say is that I can understand why he is going deaf, and if I ever go deaf, I'll know who to blame. I thought that he was a horse's ass to play music at the volume levels that he did. Other acts I saw were loud (the Rolling Stones, the Who, etc.) but Nugent was over the top painful. Looks like he's getting some instant karma.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.