Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chupaloche4 ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 11:01PM

Hello. I've been coming to this site for about a week now and thought I would just briefly introduce myself. My name is Jason and I live in SLC. I'm still officially a member of the church but looking to change that soon. I served a mission in Argentina about 3 years ago. While on my mission I came across some "anti" material regarding the Book of Abraham. Reading that confirmed what I had suspected for a long time. The church isn't true. I had been out about 18 months when I decided that I no longer believed anything I had been told about the church. I shared my feelings of doubt with a few close companions. 3 of us studied together and finally decided to leave the mission early. I had been out 21 months when I finally decided I couldn't take it anymore and demanded to be sent home. I came home to my TBM girlfriend who had waited faithfully for me. We are married now (almost 2 years). She is still completely active in the church but I refuse to attend. Anyways... I feel at home on this site already even though this is my first post. I hope to get to know some of you better and enjoy hearing your stories. I love hearing any advice about how to handle being a non believer in a TBM family. Thanks for reading!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 11:17PM

So nice to meet you.
If you keep posting you will find a lot of people here who have many things in common with you. You are not alone.

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 11:25PM

Welcome!

WTG coming home from your mission early...that must have been a rough choice!

Posted by: itsallclear ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 11:34PM

Hey Jason!

Glad you're here and hope you continue to feel like you can come here for support!
For me, coming to places like this make it much more manageable being in a TBM family. I know I have a place to let out what I really feel without worrying about the backlash.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 11:44PM

Welcome Jason - glad to have you on board. You'll love it. People are so well-informed. Anything you are researching, someone will point you in the right direction for the information you need. And you'll always find people who understand whatever comes up in your post-Mormon journey. Can't wait to hear your input.

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 10:19AM

If not, I would strongly recommend using protection for the foreseeable future.. If your TBM wife turns rabid on you, children would make things far more painful.

Does she know of your doubts about the one-and-only-true church? Is she aware you no longer have a testimony of the lord's mall?

Anyway, welcome. And good luck. You've made a brave choice, by deciding to use your head and try to find out what the truth is. It's not an easy path.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2012 10:20AM by apatheist.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 10:32AM

I'm one of the nevermo members of the board. Feel free to jump right in. If you need to vent or ask questions, this is the place. We're glad to have you here!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 10:32AM

Glad to have you here. Avoid giving too many details about your life. The church monitors this site for apostate activity, and unless you are ready to be completely out. Also, living in Utah, you face the possibility of Mormon employers deciding you suddenly developed a case of cooties.

Stick around, and have fun.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 10:44AM

Welcome! I am also a never-mo living in Utah. The discussions here can get pretty rough and tumble, but hang on - you'll not find a better, funnier group of people.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 10:59AM

Thanks for posting and welcome.

I would love to hear the reactions you got in the mission field when you shared your discoveries about the Book of Abraham.

You wouldn't believe the missionary tales that have popped up here-- I thought I had heard it all and the stuff that comes out of the MTC and the mission field is just incredible.

Can't wait to hear more about your thought processes.

Anagrammy

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 11:01AM

Hi Jason! Welcome aboard! I'm a nevermo, too, but my husband was a convert who later went exmo. I agree that this board is chock full of interesting, intelligent, brave, and funny people! Hope you'll stick around awhile!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 11:09AM

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 03:14PM

Welcome --- many of us in "middle age stage of life" envy you. Congrats!

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 05:27PM

Welcome

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.