Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 11:16PM

From GC
Excerpt found here: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53830015-78/church-apostle-faith-lds.html.csp?page=1

Apostle Dallin H. Oaks highlighted the sacrifices Christians — and especially Mormons — make for the faith and their families

"Many Christians have voluntarily given sacrifices motivated by faith in Christ and the desire to serve him," Oaks said. "Some have chosen to devote their entire adult lives to the service of the master. This noble group includes those in the religious orders of the Catholic Church and those who have given lifelong service as Christian missionaries in various Protestant faiths."

They really are starting to play nice now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 08:42AM by suckafoo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don't call me surly ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 12:18AM

As Gordon B. Hinckley would have said: "I don't know that we teach that, it was only an insult, I don't know that it was ever official Mormon doctrine. I just don't know, it goes into some pretty deep stuff, I just don't know."

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 12:20AM

And no sex in the Telestial or Terrestrial...

Posted by: Ms. Hyde ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 11:09AM

There is no "increase." Does that necessarily mean there is no sex? Maybe Terrestialites and Telestialites have had vasectomies or tubal ligations. Or they use birth control. I'm not sure it follows that there is no sex just because there is no "increase."

Posted by: summer kites ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 07:50AM

What I think is funny is that just a year ago, the mormon church was saying how they were the true church because, unlike other religions, they don't change their doctrine to fit the times. Yet now that is exactly what they are doing.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 07:55AM

summer kites Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I think is funny is that just a year ago, the
> mormon church was saying how they were the true
> church because, unlike other religions, they don't
> change their doctrine to fit the times. Yet now
> that is exactly what they are doing.

And how they have ALWAYS done business. Joe Smith knew that the bigger the lie, the easier the sell.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 08:57AM

"unlike other religions, they don't change their doctrine to fit the times."

Changing doctrine (or more accurately, offering rhetorical doctrinal "reinterpretation") is OK for elections, however - and it can always be explained away later.

"Shucks we mormons are arm-in-arm with you Catholics - you'all vote for Mitt now, ya hear?"

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 07:54AM

Yeah, what happened to all of the retoric about standing strong in the face of the winds of adversity. Never yeilding, always keeping a firm hold of the iron rod.

They are going to have to remake the temple film again and take the part of the evil minister of the worlds religions out of the film completely.

I don't know if we teach that ........but we have a film in the temple that teaches that don't we?

Professional liars.

Posted by: me ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 09:54AM

for the individual LDS to adapt their attitudes and behaviors to match current teachings? Given that there have been so many changes, that might take as long as the LDS church survives.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.