Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:58PM

Today my daughter told me she went to a youth conference in California with a bunch of other LDS kids and all of them were from very active families.

She said that the youth, though they were devout, ALL disrespected the church's teachings about and policies towards gays and lesbians.

These are the future of TSCC. Youth ages 14-18. Every single one of them had gay friends and acquaintances, and these youth respected the gay friends MORE than the church's teachings about them!

As I spoke to my daughter I felt the Spirit testify to me that the youth of today will not tolerate the sins of their elderly patriarchy!

Just one more sign that the church, like any virus, must adapt to new environments or die.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:05PM

And it will be 75 years before someone age 14-18 will make Prophet, or about the year 2089. Unless the Cult changes the way the choose the prophet, they will always be a century behind the times.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:05PM

But it is a bind.

The older generation....who have the money LDS Inc wants....does not want watered down doctrine.

This may get interesting.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:23PM

The older generation is dying off.

The younger generation does not accept the Morg's stance on gays.

Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:12PM

from God. We've seen it before.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 11:50PM

Scary thought dimmesdale. But you might be right.

A revelation for the youth to step into line and viola...hating gays becomes all the rage in the youth.

Posted by: touchstone ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 02:53PM

I think dimesdale meant that the profit/prez could say "New memo from God: gays are okay now."

Posted by: Foeburg ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 01:06AM

I wonder if any of them believe anything they're told they have to. I know i didn't at their age!

Posted by: NewJerseyGirl ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 02:45PM

You know, all, I work with YW and they're asking why they don't have the priesthood and they have no problem with LGBT people. They just don't share it with people they don't trust - i.e. most leaders. It just may be location - CA and NJ being the so-called "mission field", but it's heartening to me.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:21PM

The great thing about old people with outdated opinions ...is that soon they will be corpses!!!

The narrow minded SOBs can't drop dead soon enough. Love it when old hatred and bigotry is trumped by youth. So many older people (and middle aged) are completely out of touch with the GLBT.

Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:28PM

You felt the Spirit?
Can you him to drop by my house sometime? He's not returned my message I left him before I resigned. :)

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 04:52PM

Bednar's brain is every bit as corrupted and calcified as Packer's. Age is not the only problem.

In the 1960s and 1970s, LDS Inc was growing like crazy in CA. It was the future of Mormonism, a harbinger of things to come.

Funny, I am still pretty sure it is a harbinger of things to come in the wider church. The future is not looking rosy. How many of those CA kids will still be in when they hit age 30?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.