Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Sweet Spirit ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:40PM

My husband and I recently considered a job out of state (we currently live in Utah County). It was pretty much a done deal, until he got approached with his dream job here. So now it looks like we might be sticking around. When DH's mom heard the news, she made quite a spectacle about how she had been praying that we wouldn't move and that her prayers had been answered. Honestly, her reaction makes me want to move just to spite her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:41PM

She must have some praying technique. I mean God answered this prayer specifically, ignoring billions of others...

Posted by: amyslittlesister ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:53PM

God is so sneaky that way. 450 people die in a plane crash. Seven live. God SAVED them. Really? What? I would consider that he was asleep at the switch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 10:54PM by amyslittlesister.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 12:01AM

I've had a lot of good things happen to me in the last year. In the past they would have been things I would have prayed for. I would have come to the conclusion that God answered my prayers.

As it is, I didn't pray for any of them, it' just the way life happened.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 12:16AM

I canNOT stand when TBM family members do this! We've had it happen where they attribute one of our life events to THEIR prayers. Where do they get off?! Do they realize how they sound? It really does make a person wanna do things just to spite them...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.