Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 06:41PM

This was the movie the Church recently announced a couple of weeks ago.

First, the creation part was fantastic. Great music, great visuals and very creative the way it was done. Very realistic and goes along with the concept that the earth was made from parts of other planets. Hard to miss that if you where older and grew up in the the Church in the 60's.

Adam and Eve. Eve was a blonde molly Mormon. I mean really molly Mormon. Adam was not a strong character. After they ate the fruit, they laughed and life was good like, "hey we just sinned and it's okay." I thought they were going to have an organism because they had sinned and everything was going to be okay.I am not kidding.

Satan. The Church had better not show this movie in temples in countries with a strong culture of monks. Satan was bald and looked and acted liked a monk. Add his clothes and he sure looked like a monk. He looked liked the monk from the movie "Anger Management." I found it distracting but interesting.

The academy award goes to Peter. He was most sincere, very impressive and gave the impression he knew what was going on. Had a lot of empathy and understanding. A person you would trust.

Young TBM couples will relate to this video. It appeared to be designed that way. Not a lot of depth in the characters of Adam and Eve.

Not a lot of close ups of Satan. Mostly body shots with no face. I felt that was to give the impression that this is the way Satan operates. If they did show Satan it was distance shots. Even when he talks to the audience, it was a distance shot. An interesting character study.

When Adam and Eve were in the garden there was a shot of the surrounding hills and mountains. It looked liked a Alien space ship was parked far away on the hill. Not sure what it was but never seen again. But it did catch my eye and I wondered what the meaning was.

These are my opinions and again it makes me wonder how many different ways can the Church present this part of the endowment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 06:55PM

In these economically challenging times why is TSCC wasting tithing dollars on creating 3 new movies? Do they really think this will make all the difference in keeping people interested and returning to the temple?

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 12:59AM

They just use low/no-cost "talent" from BYU Media Arts, or use the LDS Casting Office.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 06:57PM

I must admit, a sick part of me actually wants to see these new temple movies. Not enough to pay tithing, mind you; but if someone were to post a video I'd watch it out of curiosity.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 07:45PM

With the new tech they can come out with a new video every week.
I would rather watch all of the episodes of Scooby doo that has Scrappy doo in them.

Posted by: Elder Strangelove ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 08:26PM

Not the episodes with Scrappy Doo. You went too far, exon.

Posted by: ain't got no name yet ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 08:40PM

If they wanted to win back young people (and me) they would have Elizabeth Banks play Eve.

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 09:59PM

Why don't you go back with your secret spy watch on so we can all see it?

Posted by: Rusty Shackleford ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 12:08AM

"When Adam and Eve were in the garden there was a shot of the surrounding hills and mountains. It looked liked a Alien space ship was parked far away on the hill. Not sure what it was but never seen again. But it did catch my eye and I wondered what the meaning was."

There has always been a science-fiction element to LDS theology.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: July 24, 2014 12:25AM

I knew for a certainty that the church was in apostasy when they announced that their most sacred rituals were going to be done in a movie theater, watching a movie.

Can you imagine a real religion, like Catholicism for example, announcing that Mass was going to be done with tape players and film, with screens next to the crucifix?

Why not just put it on the Internet and let people go through it in the comfort of their living room, or while at the beach?

Oh yeah, I forgot - it IS on the Internet...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.