Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: loopyloo ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 06:41PM

Given the church will be just a shadow of it's former self down the road with few members, who stands to benefit from its immense wealth? Would the future behind-the-scenes powers that be start selling off land/cashing in before others could? What about tax implications? Perhaps the church would be left standing simply as the obvious corporation it always was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 06:52PM

I would submit those shareholders have been shoveling money out of LDS Inc for decades.

That is the reason that I think LDS Inc might be seriously close to bankruptcy.

We do not know who the consultants and contractors are that are used for such things as the jesus mall, Philly project, and florida land grab.

These things can be very complicated. We know nothing as far as financing (laundering), silent partners etc. LDS Inc would be completely able to transfer money any and all persons or groups they choose via these projects. One of the leaked tax returns posted here a few months ago had 750k in parking consulting.

Now imagine that with a senile prophet and a signature machine.

Too much attention is given to the idea that the suits given the leadership titles live in fancy homes. While this is happening, pallets of LDS cash is probably being taken out of the country.

These things can go on for ever, providing there is a positive cash flow to the organization and secrecy. However, in times of falling revenues become a huge issue since empires are quite expensive to run, and there is always the threat of exposure if people stop getting paid.

Someday, I would bet that a LDS Edward Snowden will leak very damning documentation of how LDS Inc really operates, and who has been shoveling money out of the company.

Posted by: loopyloo ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 08:55PM

Great response - thank you! I completely forgot about the senile prophet/signature machine aspect.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 07:47PM

I think we have hit a nerve!!

Posted by: amyslittlesister ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 09:18PM

Would a Romney name come up??

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:46PM

The average tithe paying member owns NO stock in the Mormon corporation.
They get NOTHING.

It's not hard to see that the top leaders are converting tithes into secular businesses - most likely because they know the church part will eventually stop bringing in money.

That is the reason Mormonism gives nothing back to its members any longer.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 10:54PM

Just a theory... when TSCC loses most of its members, the call will be made to gather to the New Jerusalem, which will probably be changed to a remote Pacific island where a theocracy can be established. The vast wealth that is currently held would be used to build a new city and buy a stockpile of weapons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.