Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 02:14PM

So, they say we're supposed to forgive those who've wronged us -- until seventy times seven -- even if they don't acknowledge they've done wrong. Because, Jesus.

But wait a minute. Does Jesus forgive us if we don't acknowledge our sins? No way! You know the requirements as well as I do. What a double standard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 02:37PM

Jesus, god of the OT, wasn't really into forgiveness at all. He was all about stoning, floods, fire and brimstone, etc... Maybe he was just a rebellious youth at the time and he had Elohim tied up in a closet or something...

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 23, 2014 02:45PM

God's first rule is clearly "Do as I say, not as I do."

Jesus is probably still mad that he had to pay for all the sins he didn't commit by being tortured to death by his own father and so he's not into the forgiveness mode right now, but he still expects you to be.

When it comes to God and Jesus, consistency isn't their strong suit. That's why we know the Mormons have the truth because their track record for consistency lines up pretty well with God's.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.