Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Every Member a Janitor ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 07:12PM

Initiatories with a shield.
Baptizing dead people.
Signs and tokens.
Tithing.
Five billion dollar mall.
Polygamy.
Polyandry.
Blacks and the priesthood.
Women and the priesthood.
Treatment of gays and lesbians.
Focus on Joseph Smith.
Focus on works, not grace.
Becoming Gods.
My own planet.
Garden of Eden in Missouri.
Non-disclosure of funds.
Favoritism and nepotism in leadership.
Blind obedience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mittens Romney ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 07:13PM

I just hate the jello.

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 07:15PM

Whats really bad about the jello is when the people don't even add appetizing stuff into it... its bad enough on its own, but the one given to us as a kid that had shredded cabbage in it went straight to the trash...

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 07:25PM

But in all honesty my dislikes:

Adam-ondi-ahmen
Jerusalem center to become Jerusalem Temple (there is a strict no temple/missionary work clause in the deed for the ground.
Jerusalem center faith promoting rumor that there were no artifacts on the property at all, except under the contractors offices...
all other Faith promoting rumors
the Papyrus stuff
POGP
D&C
Teaching that the scientific history of the American Continent is a lie and that a book "Found" in 1830 tells the truth
"We Don't Worship Joseph Smith" and then turn around and sing the hymns about him
Teaching that secret signs and tokens are bad, and then having them in the temple
"Satan has a evil counter to all good"
Satan/god dichotomy
the high level of hypocrisy in the church
Need to be a Sheeple
The initiatories in the temple...done by creepy old men who lingered too long in certain areas
"there is no other good but our good"
The required life of grow up, go on mission, get married too young, have too many children too young, pay 10% of your money so that because you did all the requirements you can no longer make all your ends meet...
Forcing belief in your leaders...simply put, I should never had that surgery in Ecuador, I wanted to go home to have it, but the MP felt it was best to keep me there...
and SO MUCH MORE!!!

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 07:56PM

Here's my list:

-Whitewashing of the REAL history
-The way human sexuality is so damn twisted
-Being hung up on masturbation, so damn Victorian old fashioned
-Women are second-class citizens and only good for marriage and popping out babies
-Members expected to do janitorial work at chapels and temples
-Everchanging manmade doctrines
-Forcing marriage down the young people's throats when they can't afford it and aren't ready and they wonder why the divorce rate is climbing

I could go on and on but that's a start from me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2012 07:57PM by imalive.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 08:42PM

-treating the truth the same way N. Korea does....
-being the biggest travel agent for guilt trips...
-calling me "brother" (I have 1 brother and we don't refer to each other that way) and my wife "sister"(she's Catholic and it really pissed her off, especially after growing up in the Mormon "Peyton Place" that is Raymond, Alberta)

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 01:56AM

When a collective is always right, an individual is always wrong.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 08:15AM

Examples from the last week or so:
Cain doctrine - rumours and folklore (oldwives tales)
NecroDunking the wrong peoples- done by enemies of the church
Men becoming Gods- misrepresentation by those who caricature the church.

Last Year-people warned against repeating Packers words.

I suggest members vow to not listen to the prophet today because tomorrow the PR department will cast them as enemies if they teach their children from those very words.

Date: March 12, 2012 09:25AM

Posted by: curiousgeorge ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:55AM

Second that

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 08:34AM

- expected to attend ALL meetings and EVERYTHING church-related, no matter how repulsive or uninteresting to you as an individual
- being questioned afterwards if you didn't attend this or that (for you) trivial event "We missed you" BS
- being judged because of your clothing or appearance or looks (ugly people are bad, those who are pretty and have a great smile, are close to Christ)
- not accepting a calling not an option
- being taught that those "vested with the authority" of priesthood, had the gift of discernment (my a**)
- people sticking daggers in your back, going to temple as if nothing
- people hurting others expecting them to forgive and forget without them even apologizing
- people accusing victims for being "bitter" if they don't just get past something evil done to them

Oh sh** this list is already way longer than I intended it to be, just the subject makes me remember how miserable I was as a mormon single woman.

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 02:07PM

Dear "Every Member a Janitor", I'm surprised you left "chapel cleaning" that list of your gripes with the church considering the name you chose to go by here on RfM. Maybe you're enthralled with that sacred program of cleaning all the holy sh** out of Jesus's toilets ;)

Date: March 13, 2012 01:30AM

An unfortunate oversight, my friend.

It is more a reference to members giving do much for do little in return. By the way, it just happens to be my family's week to clean the chapel with other families. Not happening.

Posted by: foxystoner ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 01:45AM

The" licked cupcake" doctrine.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 01:46AM

That it fraudulently represents itself as God, and consumes from its members by selling fear and false hope. It is a calculating, malevolent parasite. Specifically, that many of its members are convinced (many from birth) to not look outside, or challenge it in any way.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 01:51AM

1. Political stands. 2. Micromanagement of people. 3. Pharisee like rules and emphasis on appearances. 4. Loud and boring meetings which are more like a business meeting than a worship services.5, Emphasis on obedience. 6. Way too much Joseph Smith and very little Jesus. 7.De emphasis of Christmas and Easter. 7. Garments and temple weddings. 8. Insular culture. 9. The one tru church idea and the accompnying arrogance and self righteouness that goes with it.

Posted by: musicangelgirl ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:26AM

1. Opression of Women in anyway shape or form.
2. The fact that the lessons they teach that dont involve being subservient to the penis hood are based on concepts you could find in home makeing magazines 50 years ago and the activities all revolve around dumb downed versions of better homes and gardens.
3 The penishood enough said
4. Oppression of gay rights.
5 Oppression of normal society
6. The fact that most of the time growing up getting teased and humiliated was often overlooked by most of the mormon teachers at school by the little brats on the play ground.
7.The fact that they teach one thing that contradicts another teaching.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.