Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 04:15PM

Yes, time comes when a new bishop has been called and must make the round with the boners in the ward. BYUboner knows the pain associated with "church" work and how difficult it is as a TBM member to have to visit with the ward's boners who probably would rather turn on the sprinklers or run.

Although my RfM friends will probably disagree with the following, here are the Boner's best tips for those of us along the Morridor with TBM family members and a new bishop:

1. Neighbors and friends are always welcome in my home.
2. The new bishop is a neighbor, ergo, he's welcome in my home.
3. Should my church's bishop be in our neighborhood, SHE would be welcome too.
4. The Boner makes it easy on TBM friends and church leaders. I sincerely ask them to bear their testimonies. The Boner will thank the individual and say that he doesn't have that witness but appreciates the individual's sincerity.
5. The Boner will give a closing prayer in the language he uses to address his understanding of God.
6. The new bishop will generally extend an invitation to have dinner with his wife.
7. On very rare occasions, this will actually happen as once the yearly visit has been made the Boner will be left alone.
8. On visits to local supermarket, etc, the higher the church leader, the greater probability he will pretend he doesn't know the Boner.

Well, that about sums it up. Oh, and one more thing, being available for neighborhood doubters--priceless!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.