Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 04:10PM

Lets see how does one end up in this category?

If you never married but were worthy of the CK but were a man. You can “minister” to the married Gods.

If you’re a lady and your priesthood holder spouse didn’t make it to the CK you’ll be given to another.

Well, what if I don’t want to be given but make the choice myself???

Also what is a gal to do when more than one man wants her to be his second or additional wife??

Have all of the potential husbands audition? Maybe include an exotic dance routine along with a written essay on why they’d be a good husband to you if you were their second wife? He wouldn’t need permission from his first wife or she’d be destroyed. Right?

What if a lady can’t make up her mind?

Does she then become a Ministering Angel and make a lot of husbands happy????

It can make you think and then wonder where did JS and BY get all this stupid stuff???

What other things do ‘Ministering Angels’ do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 10:15PM

"It can make you think and then wonder where did JS and BY get all this stupid stuff???"

From Emanuel Svedenborg. That's where.

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 10:37PM

As a TBM, I was terrified of ending up as a ministering angel (as I was single had no prospects of temple marriage at all). Now, I think, "Hey, I'll be working! I'll have great benefits and the work will be interesting, much more interesting than having spirit babies for eternity with my husband's 30,000 other wives." I left the church three years ago this month, and no longer believe in an afterlife.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.