Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: c48gl ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 02:51AM

Somthing hilariously tragic happened today... You see, I have a very large stuffed bear that I like to leave in random places for good humour and sometimes dress it in peoples clothes and it looks pretty adorable. Well me and a couple friends decided we would dress it in my fathers garments and put it in his bed to look like him, he actually thought it was funny afterwards and he's the high priest group leader. Well before we did that we took a picture and sent it to one of my other friends, this was two or more months ago. Well it turns out that this friend's phone (who is 19) still has her texts monitored by her parents. Fast forward to now, the parents have discovered this picture in their text archives (which is actually cute and not meant to be disrespectful at all) and proceeded to inform the bishop of my heresy. Now today I got a request for a meeting with the bishop out of nowhere and informed me that I am immature and will be having the recieving of the melchezidek priesthood delayed and endowments delayed until further notice for "desecrating temple garments". Garments touch your junk, how juch more could you desecrate something? Im still in shock and laughing over how serious he was over this. Im more immature than the 38 year old that ratted me out like a 5 year old? wtf just happened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:03AM

I wish I'd dressed up a bear and taken it to the mall--if it would have gotten me out of wearing those wretched things for 21 years. Keep the disrespect going and mean it.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:08AM

How is your recovery from Mormonism going?

I think some see us as a frivolous vent for their Mormon Customer Service Issues.

Fire you Mormon bishop, then tell me a story about dressing your teddy bear in your dad's underwear.

Sheesh.

Posted by: Anon90 ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:06PM

I didn't know you had to be officially out of the church to post here. Were you one of those judgmental self righteous pricks when you were a TBM?

Date: July 21, 2014 12:17PM

Hardly, that's one of the reasons I left.

What was the point of the post?

I am disgusted that Mormons would use a former Mormon or recovering from Mormonism forum to bitch about their religion or Church operations. What the hell do we care?

Bitch about being a Mormon amongst Mormons. I didn't leave Mormonism because I was held back for disrespecting Mormon garments. I left Mormonism because it is a repulsive culture.

So answer the question. What was the point of the bitch post? Why here on RFM?

As to your attacks and insults. Pound yourself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 03:37PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:26PM

Some of us are educated, enlightened or mightily amused by these NOM posts. We understand that not everyone is lucky enough to just walk away on short notice.

Not everyone has to take the exact same journey that you did.

Date: July 21, 2014 03:38PM

Hardly a NOM, preparing for temple, mission.

What do you mean lucky enough to walk away on short notice?

Do you understand the point of the post?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 03:46PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 02:08PM

of you verbally slamming posters who have not actually left the church yet, or who don't approach their journey out of the church the way you think they should. I don't think being harsh or judgemental is helpful to them. They have a right to be here, and to talk about their issues. Not everyone is in the same place on their journey out. Nor will every topic seem relevant to you.

I think this topic IS relevant to the board. Something like this incident could help someone realize how messed up the LDS church community is, and encourage him to leave sooner, rather than later.

Note to original poster, c48gl: Don't take anything anyone says personally. We all have our own way of seeing things, and what we say on the board grows directly out of our own attitude and experiences. There is no requirement that you have to be an exmormon to post, and the only rules about posting topics are posted on this website. Basically: no preaching, no politics, no marketing your stuff, no cussing in the subline, keep everything pg-13 or less, and nothing abusive to other posters.

As far as the bishop goes, I think you should just call him back tell him that you didn't mean to offend anyone and you won't do this again. Nobody was hurt by what you did. But do NOT grovel. This should only require a simple apology, and I would tell him that if he pushes to make it bigger than it is. I wouldn't meet with him. IF he pushes, reiterate that you've moved past this, there is nothing else that you can do other than apologize. Maybe ask if he's having a problem forgiving, and remind him that the Bible says he's supposed to forgive 70X7. (LOL, just kidding). But seriously, if there's a God, it would be between you and HIM, not the bishop and you. And furthermore, if this will delay your priesthood advancement, then you understand and maybe it's for the best (or something like that). Take away his power to punish you.

The truth of it is that if you didn't mean any harm, and you won't do it again, that should be all that's expected. If he refuses to forgive, or requires shame and punishment, that's a huge red flag that this isn't about the garments at all. It's about control and shame. Which it probably is.

I saw you talking about getting a temple marriage in another post. Seeking a recommend is a really good way to put this jerk bishop in control of your life.

Date: July 21, 2014 03:33PM

Slamming, calling out.

If you want to take Mormon complaints about Mormonism and Mormon operations, be my guest. He's a Mormon being punished for disrespecting sacred Mormon underwear. I want to point out that being a Mormon is a choice. Did you notice that in my original post as well?

Fire the bishop, don't negotiate with him.

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I didn't mention that he is highly disrespectful of his father, maybe that is his style or his family style. Felt pointing that out was superfluous and less important than pointing out he could fire his Mormon bishop rather than negotiate with him.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 03:41PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: mrsc ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:52AM

It used to be that you HAD to wear garments during sex and now teddy bear's are evil? *snort*

Posted by: c48gl ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 04:06AM

wait, you used to have to wear garments during sex? thats no fun

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 04:49AM

c48gl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wait, you used to have to wear garments during
> sex? thats no fun

No joke there. When I was your age my bishop made it a rule that he would hold a church court for any man that had sex without his garments on.

You need to not give so much info about yourself. The cult will track you down and send what you write to your bishop.

Posted by: Fenwick Montgomery ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 05:17AM

If they assume this bear thing was an isolated insodent. For all they know it happens all the time.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 05:08AM

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL678/3529167/7689502/138819223.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL678/3529167/7689502/138819234.jpg

I am going to try to get these redone with the little BoM this summer.

Your story reminded me of when I would do the laundry and get SCREAMED at if the ugly things so much as touched the floor.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 05:13AM

Aw, those teddy bears are so cute!!!

Posted by: Fenwick Montgomery ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 05:19AM

Oh that really is a thing? They can't touch the ground? I didn't beleive it when someone told me that. I always left them on the floor.

Posted by: nomorefencesitting ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 10:37AM

My parent's dirty garments are always on the floor. They are in their 70's. I've never heard of that rule and apparently, neither did they.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 07:28AM

Now I realize I was just too little to be able to do laundry. I couldn't reach the clothesline well, couldn't lift the laundry basket and could not understand how to fold the one piecers without having sleeves and legs twisted through the back slit. We had a big family with massive amounts of one day a week laundry and some of it dragged on the floor when being hauled to and from the laundry room and line. But if a holy garment leg dragged there would be hell to pay.

The worst was when all the clothes would be finally hanging to dry and I'd find a wadded garment at the bottom of the basket and no place left to hang it except where gentiles might see it from the highway. I'd think no one would notice but the older siblings would tattle and I'd get a beating, then sulk and cry for days.

Helping around the house is a good thing for kids but not beatings for doing jobs too big for their age.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 07:49AM

Please make me a temple garb wearing one!

I have the green fabric for the apron.

:-)

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:21PM

I can't read the name tags. Too Damn cute. What are their names? Elder Bear A. Testimony and Elder Orso Prattle?

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:21PM

Isn't that Elder Price and Elder Cunningham???????

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 05:27AM

The bishop got everything all mixed up and accidentally gave you a reward as opposed to a punishment. Shhhhh!

Posted by: sassypants ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 06:49AM

It's celebration time! No endowments for you....at least for now. :-)

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 08:45AM

If you are posting tales gloating that you are mocking LDS garments to an Exmo board, then you shouldn't get the Priesthood nor should you go to the temple.

Sure, their games are silly, but why do you want to play them?

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 08:50AM

Go to cesletter.com, then come back and tell us about it.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 08:52AM

Can they get any more stupid?
Many church leaders on the local level are a bunch of self-important azzholes.

Just stop going to church.
Problem solved.

You won't get pressured to go on a stupid mission either.

Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 09:47AM

So how are you suppose to know anything about garments when you have been taught nothing about them in church?

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 10:06AM

I'm with Leah. Stop going to church. This may be the best thing that ever happened to you. God works in mysterious days! LOLOL

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 10:36AM

If I were you, I would inform the Bishop that you have prayed about it and since you have no remorse for your actions, it would only be right to make your punishment permanent. Then when his attitude flips and he comes back practically begging you to be ordained to the Mel. priesthood and taking out your endowments, email him a picture of the bear in temple garb giving the finger.

Posted by: WillieBoy ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 10:42AM

Can't imagine what your idiot Bishop would do to me if he found out I took a pet monkey through the Salt Lake Temple. He kept quiet as he was not well and when I showed him to my Wife in the Celestial Room after we went throug the veil I thought her shriek of surprise and then laughing would have us thrown out.

So, a Temple Monk lives with us... or he did as he has passed on now. I hope he remembers his new name.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 11:30AM

There is a good lesson in this story for everyone. Do not take photos and send them to anyone that you don't want shown to other people or put on the Internet. This is huge, huge problem today.

The other lesson: Mormons are typically major tattle tales. They are often like little kids telling tales, starting rumors, getting their exercise jumping to conclusions and running other people down. It's the: Gotcha Game Nener-nener!!

Now, I'd suggest your father talk to the bishop!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 11:31AM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:12PM

The best thing that can be learned from this:

If you don't want to go on a mission, dress a stuffed animal up in garments and send the pic to everyone in the ward. Mission accomplished.

Posted by: ain't got no name yet ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:17PM

And if you're worried about further desecration, garments sometimes (if you're not careful) get skid marks (the Mormon technical term is "Shiz marks). I'm surprised that Mormons don't make you go through some sort of ceremonial procedure for inadvertently getting Shiz marks on your garments.

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:26PM

Your case has been assigned support ticket #409592.

A member of the local Stake Presidency has been notified about your problem, and a representative will be there within 24-48 hours to have a talk with your bishop.

Please continue giving 10% of your income to ensure your case has a timely resolution.

Posted by: Raging ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:54PM

In the future, you will hopefully look back on this incident (as an ex-Mormon) as the one that really crystallized the stupidity and insane control that is Mormonism. I wish you good luck!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.