Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 11:02PM

The argument--cussing is an ignorant man's way of trying to express to himself.

At one time, the Boner (being a true believer) determined to broaden his language to express himself more effectively. Yea, the Boner added such words as "flip" and "you bet" to his lexicon in attemp to overcome unseemingly bad words.

Then the Boner learned the truth of Gordo Hinckles and the salamander cover-up. The Boner then expressed himself exceeding frequently with, "Well fuck me, Gordo, I've been screwed!" And lo, the Boner found such expression to be cathartic indeed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:17AM

I find it very cathartic and the big "F" is the best one (but not around my DW). It can be used as a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, and whatever else makes up language. A very universal word too. I've worked with hispanics and other foreign language speakers who use it frequently. One of the best words to use in anger, joy, sadness, ecstacy, and any other emotion. It can even be religious, as in, Holy Fuck!

Date: July 21, 2014 12:22AM

You're right Tom! Never around TBMs or other who might be offended. One of my favorite times was when my returned-missionary son let out a loud, "fuck!" while driving. Red-faced he turned to me to say that he was sorry. I replied, "I don't want to hear any fucking bad language from you!" We both laughed a lot about that. My wife would have been heart-broken, but my son and I bonded a little more that day.

The Boner!

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:29AM

That reminds me of "The Big Lebowski" where Sam Elliot asks the Dude why he uses so many cuss words. Dude says, "What the fuck you talking about?" I'm going to have to watch that soon.

Date: July 21, 2014 12:33AM

Great example!

Yeah, saying fuck, or fuck that shit, is one of life's little pleasures--it's free, it feels great to say, and science shows that it lowers stress and blood pressure. So, what the fuck! enjoy saying fuck!

The Boner!

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 01:00AM

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=schafer%20the%20dark%20lord%20fuck%20this%20song&sm=3

If that link does not work, search on youtube for Schafer the Dark Lord fuck this song. Cathartic indeed!

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 02:44AM

I think you all might appreciate this audio. Being able to use *ahem* colourful language is a good thing. Sometimes, there's just no other fucking way to express yourself.

http://www.aprilwinchell.com/h/mp3/FWord.mp3

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:21AM

My daughter's friends were concerned about dropping the f bomb around me. One started to apologize. I interrupted, "the fuck you say!" Let the conversation fly.

Posted by: WillieBoy ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 10:52AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5-akqjKzII

Hall of Fame basketball Coach Bobby Knight gives his view on use of a word of profanity

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:15PM

Sometimes all you have left is the F bomb.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 01:05PM

I grew up hearing my sister use swear words right and left which she picked up at work. To me, it was just her way of speaking. Then I started attending the LD$ Cult with friends learning that my sister was a candidate for hell.

It became very hard to to be around her as I became higher and mightier.

Now that I have seen the light and resigned from the cult, swearing is freeing and often just the right, only choice for what you need to express.

Infact, recently I used the f-bomb with my TBM son. I really did not intend to, but you know, he got my feathers ruffled when he said that if I chose to use swear words around him OR HIS FAMILY (he has The Priesthood, don't you know), then he would have to "take care of it."

Hmmm???? Take care of it? HOW??? Would he send the Gestapo after me? or would I be burned at the stake, NO QUESTIONS ASKED?? And, how did he think he had the right or the know-how to decide what a swear word was anyway??? I dared to ask him these questions. Me, an uppity, lowly female!!! Of all the nerve. (kind of Kate Kelly style, don't you think?)

As you can guess, the outcome of our conversation was anger and now utter silence on his part. No more discussion with his apostate Mom is on the horizon.

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 02:06PM

I find it amazing how prudish Mormons can be. I once posted a meme on Facebook of a picture of Donald Trump with the words 'Hell Toupée'. My younger sister thought it was pretty funny, but she also informed me that my then 12 year old nephew was horribly offended that I would post something with a bad word on it. He's a great kid, but he's living in what Tory Christman, a ex-Scientologist and vocal opponent of Scientology, calls 'The Truman Show'. I hope he comes out of it OK.

I don't always use expletives, but again, there are times when no other words can help. Just as dealing with my damn family and the brainwashing of that goddamned fucking cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.