Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: funeraltaters ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 07:44PM

I was just thinking about the bible story where Jesus washes the apostle's feet. When one of them begins to protest, J-dog tells him that he came to this earth to serve, not be served. Jesus seems like a pretty solid, humble dude. I wonder if Tommy and the gang are that cool. Does anyone have any stories of the royalty slumming it and doing some peon duties?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 08:06PM

Depends. Many of them don't use toilets.

Posted by: BYUboner ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 10:01PM

donbagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Depends. Many of them don't use toilets.

WTF! Do they use the bushes around the Temple then? Oh, I get it! Their sh*t just doesn't stink!

Date: July 20, 2014 10:05PM

They go in their Depends.

Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 10:08PM

They save all their crap for the rank and file, and anything left is for rainy days. -Heh.

Date: July 20, 2014 10:26PM

Fuckin-A! Do you think Boyd's chair has a sceptic system underneath for all the bullshit?

Date: July 21, 2014 02:16AM

Boyd's chair is in serious contention for the next presidency. Not only does it regulate his biological functions, it manages his calendar and his catheter systems. Nutrients are cycled through his veins and capillaries with high resolution monitoring. Mechanically, the chair has a top speed of five miles an hour, more than enough to overtake Tommy at full waddle. It replaces Tommy's walking assistant, freeing up Boyd to rush in and cock block the podium.

The chair runs on the methane Boyd's ass exhausts daily. It is a self-directed, self-driven quantum chair. Fail to obey it at your own risk.

Date: July 21, 2014 02:37AM

"Cock block the podium..." Hey, that's something I could get into. The Boner!

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 11:24AM

Sounds like a smart chair. Maybe it should be prophet instead.
"For all those who can sustain Boyd's chair as prophet, seer, and revelator, and president of the CoJCoLDS, please do so by the uplifted hand.."

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 04:24PM

...Boyd's competition chair. Used only on closed course. Do not attempt this without a RN on site.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/000_Hkg7252916-512x345.jpg

Posted by: AnotherNoMo ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 10:17PM

Wow, I just spit my coffee! GREAT line Don!

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 08:54PM

Or go to chapels without air conditioning or heating too?

Posted by: vectorvirus ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 08:55PM

According to Tom Phillips, they will clean you feet for you.

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: July 20, 2014 09:55PM

Photo ops only. We had a disaster site close to my city that stakes around the area were assigned to help clean up. The GA's who came to check things out were not dressed to work. It was muddy, dirty work so suits were not appropriate attire. If there are pictures of them serving, that is all they are, photo ops.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:22AM

They'd be pretty stupid to do so, since they have so many Mormon dumbasses willing to do it. I bet you that there would be TBMs crying tears of shame watching a 90 year-old prophet cleaning a chapel or toilet.

Hypocrisy and elitism are two of the least interesting and off-putting things for me about Mormonism. You will find that in any large, hierarchal, patriarchal organization.

What about the dummies that do what they are told? They can quit any time they want. The Church is a proven fraud.

Why do people clean toilets for these guys? That's what interests me. Those of you who did this, why? What were you thinking?

What would be great would be if te 15 were the only ones left to clean the toilets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 04:21PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: ChubbyTheFat ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 04:52AM

If a GA came in to use the toilet many Saints would riot over who gets to wipe the butt of the GA.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 04:22PM

Yes they would, or empty the colostomy bag, whichever applies.

I'll never wash this hand again comes to mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 04:22PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 11:26AM

NO. Also, nobody asked my husband either. People with major health issues are not asked to clean the church.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 12:45PM

I am fully enjoying the image offered of only the 15 left in the church and overflowing, gross, shitty toilets needing attention.

I think this just might be the moment when the Black 15 Suits would turn in their membership cards.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 06:38PM

I'd like to see any of 'em engaged in physical labor...like shoveling barley in a hot grannery or picking rock in on a cold March day in Alberta....that'll put yer fuckin' testimony to the test!

Ron Burr

Posted by: Rod Holder ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 10:55PM

I do recall that at the gym at the Provo MTC none of us pleb missionaries was allowed to use the toilet on the ground floor - that wa reserved for visiting general authorities (as the gym converted into an auditorium for firesides).

Missionaries using the gym had to walk up two flights of stairs to use the toilet instead, just to keep the toilet ready for the off chance that a GA would use the bathroom once on the Sunday night.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.