Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: T-Rex ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 12:03AM

Jan. 14 — Three student custodians at the Testing Center reported seeing two wolves running toward the Former Presidents’ Home. After thoroughly surveying the area with spotlights, officers could not confirm the presence of wolves on campus. The officers returned to ask the custodians if they were sure the animals were wolves, to which one custodian responded, “for sure, they were really big.” One of the students then said he wanted to wait for the wolves so he could scare them away. The officers suggested getting back to work.

Jan. 14 — Police responded after gunshots were reported at Helaman Halls. When the officers arrived, they found a person practicing with a bull whip. No further action was taken.

Jan. 13 — Approximately 12 students were flying paper airplanes in the Tanner Building after hours. A custodian asked the group to discontinue, but the group would not comply. Officers were called and sent over to talk with the students, who apologized and said they were on a group date and did not realize the problem they were creating.

Jan. 13 — A man reported a stolen briefcase in the JFSB. Soon after, the man realized he had misplaced it.

Jan. 12 — A student turned in a $100 bill to BYU police after finding it on her way home.

Jan. 12 — Students set off the fire alarm in the common area of the Foreign Language Student Residence while cooking. The food burned, producing smoke, which set off the fire alarm. All residents of the building were evacuated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 12:26AM

Sounds pretty tame compared to all the shit we were doing at Ensign Hall, Ricks college back in '66-'67....ie: taping the door shut and smoking, body surfing the dorm hallway after flooding it....and parking lot drags, etc....

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 12:54AM

Posted by: AnonExMo ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 08:35AM

What a fun group date. Not.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:15AM

In fairness, I could make the paper airplane activity enjoyable, provided that there was alcohol and stripping involved.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:20AM

Actually, the Tanner Building is a perfect place for throwing airplanes. I think that's a great idea. The building is completely open on the inside several stories high. Without cross-wind, those things could fly forever.

I had a run-in with the BYU police my freshman year for playing laser tag around the Marriot Center. Apparently they were concerned that our guns looked too much like the real thing, and sent us back to our dorms.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:14AM

What, she found my hundred dollar bill that I lost? Where do I go to claim it?

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 10:43AM

Here's an oldie but goodie from my days at BYU:

"Trespassing: A couple was found in a horizontal position, engaged in a public display of affection, on the 50-yard line of Cougar Stadium on the evening of July 28. A male student was issued a $150 fine and the nonstudent was issued a misdemeanor citation for trespassing."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.