Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 12:16AM

I just read an article about Susan Cox Powell telling her friend in 2008 that she was upset with Josh because he was having doubts about the mormon church. So, that got me to wondering if he might have ever come to this board.

It kind of gave me the willies, actually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 12:16AM by gemini.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: February 22, 2012 04:08AM

That's real helpful....now I can't sleep.

I think a lot of people come here to learn and try their efforts at figuring out some things in mormonism that has never made sense in their lives.

If he came here it was most likely for the same reasons we all do. We are looking for answers to the perfectionistic, shaming rule filled life that we were forced to live in while mormon. Is sucks being raised in a cult and having relationships based on false illusions. When they crash down it is overwhelming stress. Everyone handles it differently.

Wether he came here or not doesn't really matter. I'm sure that when the Powell family was in the early years they couldn't imagine a more horrific ending than what happened. It is a sad and depressing way to see people suffer and die so needlessly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.