Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:37PM

Presumably to the Hawaii temple. The article talks about a private Hawaii wedding attended only by family. They changed their plans from a summer wedding to a secret destination wedding, due to the media interest, according to People magazine.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20571945,00.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 06:38PM by CA girl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:52PM

IMO that would be very smart. Why make it a big deal. It is just a MORMON wedding.

Date: February 18, 2012 06:55PM

I know - I wish I'd eloped to the Hawaii temple. Actually, I wish I'd eloped to a Hawaiian beach but back in the day, it would have been the temple. It's probably as nice a day as a Mormon temple wedding can be.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 10:16PM

I got married in the Laie temple and I was the only bride. On a Saturday! So beautiful under the circumstances.

It's really depressing going to the Mesa or SLC on a Saturday. Those brides are treated like cattle.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:54PM

I wish her the best and am glad she pulled off a private wedding. However, it doesn't seem that they have known each other very long.I hope it works out.

Date: February 18, 2012 08:26PM

topped for the evening crowd

Posted by: RichardtheBad (not logged in) ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 08:33PM

Casting the church aside, I wish her the very best. It is a truly pretty place (I spent my freshman year of college there). With any luck, they score some Pakalolo and catch a wave or two at Pounders. It's DaKine Brah!!

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 10:21PM

My gay neighbors in Makiki used to grow the Pakalolo in their backyard. They would leave fresh mangos and banana lumpia on my porch. I adored them - which gave me painful cog dis as a TBM.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 12:51PM

maybe me go get som dah kine lader eh Brah? suck em up some primo! :) Haole from dah mainland brah!
No Temple though...may move there myself sometime! :)

Posted by: Quentin Crook ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 08:35PM

Ha! Eloped to the temple. I'm laughing my a$$ off. What a silly, silly religion.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 10:23PM

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:01AM

That girl has been through hell and back. I hope her marriage turns out to be the best thing that ever happened to her.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:03AM

It is her right to get married anywhere she wants. It wouldn't be my choice, but I hope she found it a good experience.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 08:38PM

I hope they find true happiness.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 09:31PM

Now they don't have to give media time to why non-mormons can't get in to the ceremony.

Posted by: Marisa ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 10:52PM

I wish her a long and happy marriage and life. That's the very least she deserves.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 11:20PM

I'm happy for them even though it was in the temple. ;)

Is it just me or does she look a bit older than 24? Maybe it's all that makeup.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 11:25PM

Reminded me of my son and daughter-in-law's wedding.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 08:21AM

It's not just you. She's a pretty woman and doesn't need all that "help". I wish she'd tone down the makeup. It makes her look about 40.

I hope she has a nice marriage. She deserves it.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 12:35AM

Did her daddy hire any nice homeless men to help set up for the reception? I bet that would be a way to both save a little money and give a down on their luck person an opportunity to earn a little cash. I am sure the holy ghost would warn them if the homeless man was a dangerous crazy loon.

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 05:21AM

omg, forbiddencokedrinker. You wrote what I was thinking. Hiring that creepy guy I saw on Oprah to come to his home when he has teenage daughters in his view. So extremely creepy. I saw that guy's background and the lady behind it. They both were Mormon, met later on in their adulthood, out of touch with reality and mean/crazy and went crazy together and abused her children that were left at home- the younger ones. The daughter, who is an adult now...ate her own rabbit for dinner...as her punishment for not feeding it. They told her as she was eating it. That creeped me out majorily...so the whole story is really sad to me and that Elizabeth did go through what she went through. I wish her peace and happiness away from that whole nightmare. I hope her and her new husband also leave the cult together.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 05:46AM

but I can't help wondering if she'll have a premature baby in about 7 months.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 05:52AM

Mormonism is nice if you're Mormon Royality. I could probably put up with the cultish nonesense if I were rich and the perks were great.

Feeds the ego.....

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:42AM

Mormonism isn't fun for the rich either. All that money, you have to give ten percent away, can't drink, and when you die, the church will do its best to cheat your children out of their inheritance.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 12:48PM

I am happy for the young couple.

I too had a private ceremony in a temple nearly 50 years ago. And it took!:-) I had two receptions which was fun also.

Even thought I don't believe in the trappings in the temple sealing ceremony anymore: (covenants/New and Everlasting Covenant of Marriage= plurality of wives see D&C 132), the license made the marriage legal! And that counts for the great family I have!

EDIT: By private ceremony I mean we invited our mothers and two Elders from hubby's mission as witnesses. Then we drove from UT back to OR.
As with all brides, in the LDS temple, I was not well prepared for what was going to happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 01:06PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 02:56AM

I will always admire the courage of Elizabeth Smart. I don't care what religion she is. She is one very brave woman. She has been a role model for courage for everyone. And her happy ending encouraged hope for people.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 12:09PM

enoughenoch19 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will always admire the courage of Elizabeth
> Smart. I don't care what religion she is. She is
> one very brave woman. She has been a role model
> for courage for everyone. And her happy ending
> encouraged hope for people.

I agree! It was not an elopement however. They just changed their plans to have a private ceremony away from the media.

I'm appalled at the number of people who say such nasty things about others. If it was their sister, their child, their relative, maybe there would be some understanding. I guess people want to hurt others that they don't understand even if they don't known them. Very odd.

Posted by: kristine ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:02AM

Well, if they wanted so much privacy and to keep the media away then why is she already giving interviews about her wedding and the plans she made? I think the Smarts are media whores.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 10:04AM

Thinks she is knocked up?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 12:12PM

I wish Elizabeth and her new husband well. I can understand why she'd want to be rather evasive about her plans.

Posted by: brian-the-christ ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 12:15PM

Isn't she kind of robbing the cradle?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.