Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 04:16PM

So I was at my favorite choke-and-puke in Denver, Golden Corral,and I noticed that a herd of mormon missionaries had come in to eat. They were wearing black suits complete with name tags and were being loud and boisterous amoung themselves but to their credit I didn't see them bothering others with their false mormon crap which is why I didn't confront them.
I didn't notice any adults with them.
I hope the waitress offered them coffee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 04:21PM

It was probably a zone conference. We would have zone conference in Spain and about 20 or more missionaries from our area and the surround small pueblos would come into town, have "training" and a testimony meeting and have 10 minute (or so) interviews with the mission president. After the day-long conference was over, we'd usually go out to eat or do something for a break, before going back to work that evening. But it was hard to schedule things for the evening of zone conference, because you didn't know how long it would last and you didn't want to break appointments. So going out to dinner or something usually worked better.

Posted by: kingog ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 04:21PM

Those moments were precious as a missionary. A cold glass of water in a fiery hell.

Posted by: Oh yeah ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 04:56PM

Yes, it was penis day. Of course in mormonism...every day is penis day. Remember, as Brother Daryl Issa says, "Every sperm is sacred."

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 08:57PM

As I've mentioned before, there is a missionary apartment in my neighborhood, and I can tell it's their P-day when I see them shopping at the local Target and they're wearing jeans and t-shirts instead of their uniform, but they still wear their name tags.

Posted by: xombie ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 02:13AM

zone/district/mission conference. no reason for them to be dressed up on their p-days. it's the only day they get to be "normal" at least for a few hours.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.