Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shazam101 ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 06:07PM

My DW went to the Cavalry Christian Church here in Mo'ville Boise, the pastor, Pastor Bob kept inviting her because he does the banking at where she works. She went this morning with her sister and her sister's friend. When she came home, she was very excited about her experience. She related that it was very positive and uplifting, and she was NOT guilt tripped by the experience as she feel when she attends the TSCC.

I won't go back to the TSCC because of the people and the lies and I never really liked it anyway. I have came to the conclusion that I never really did. But the ironic thing is she taught the RS lesson today, and it bordered on the First Vision (the one that is taught now) and about Joseph Smith. I think the visit to the Cavalry church opened her eyes a bit to the BS that goes on down the road at the white and spacious building on Goddard Road.

I know she gets sick of going to church there. A good friend of hers has left the ward, I think, never to go back. Hopefully, my wife will see through the smoke and mirrors and will not bow her head and say yes anymore as I have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 06:39PM

Posted by: John Wesley ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 06:58PM

...often come away with eye-opening experiences. They often find the music, the prayers, the sermons, and the spirituality at Protestant services are considerably more impressive than those in their own Wards.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 09:20PM

Yes to all you said. EVERYTHING about the non-denominational Church I attended after leaving the morg. was so shockingly different. Huge wooden cross on the stage,6 piece band and 4 vocals,no children present (they had their own fun classes) everybody (including the Pastor) in jeans and t-shirts,coffee bar, and on and on. It was wonderful and so refreshing.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 07:05PM

Plus other churches usually only ask you to clean their chapel, because they think you are down on your luck, and need a pay check.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 07:13PM

You get to go home after an hour and they serve coffee and donuts

Posted by: starry ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 07:16PM

Maybe you could ask her to take you next week, so as to keep the momentum.
Then maybe launch into a discussion of the differents and who knows she maybe resigning RS soon.

Posted by: Shazam101 ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 07:35PM

I hope so, because this teaching RS every third Sunday puts a crimp on the Harley riding we do on weekends!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 09:24PM

Very cool. It is all about comparisons if indeed she is still a believer in JC. The comparison should be crystal clear. I really hope it is the beginning of the end even if she chooses to never go back to Calvary. Good luck.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 09:30PM

My sister got married in the Catholic church a couple of years ago. My TBM mom's eyes were huge while the priest performed the ceremony. She kind of had a smirk on her face, like she was thinking, "this isn't the real true way, we have the truth." To top it off, my stepdad wore a CTR tie to the ceremony. Sweet!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:26PM

CTR Tie? Are you kidding me? They have those? OMG!

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: February 20, 2012 12:34AM

You bet there are CTR ties and the letters are big and bold too. I don't think the groom's family had a clue as to what it meant, but my sister was a little insulted.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:32PM

My mother would have gone and been polite but after ward she would have said something about how much nicer Mormon weddings are. Uh huh? Whatever?

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:49PM

Blech. Are there any women elders, deacons or ministers? If not, run.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.