Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 18, 2014 09:58PM

I have capitalized the word: RIGHTS as it is the important part of my position and statement.

From another post on a thread now closed:
"I'll continue to respect and honor every person's RIGHT to their religious beliefs/belief system, just as I want the same in return."
I'm giving my position on our RIGHTS as human beings.

I do not include in the above statement, any notion that I am a supporter or have any belief in any or all of the things religious believers do. Nor do I subscribe to any religious beliefs, other than Universal Truths such as: "Love One Another".

There are some very strange belief systems that human beings have practiced over the history of humanity.

Much of what has been done in the history of humanity and is done in the name of religious belief systems today, that is objectionable on many levels, is human beings taking a few ideas to the extreme.

I am passionate about the RIGHT to accept or adopt any belief system we want, religious or otherwise.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2014 10:00PM by SusieQ#1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 11:59AM

Clarification as my comments appear to be misread or misunderstood and not quoted correctly.

Posted by: SB ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:10PM

nobody cares.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:27PM

Ridiculous comment...just speak for yourself.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:24PM

You don't have the right to believe anything that causes harm to other people.

Posted by: anontoday ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:30PM

ozpoof Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You don't have the right to believe anything that
> causes harm to other people.

Beliefs in themselves don't harm people. Those beliefs can lead to actions which do harm other people. But the person holding the belief is responsible for how that belief influences their actions.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 03:54PM

Beliefs do harm people. Hitler didn't kill 6 million people, but he influenced others to do so. His beliefs were poisonous. They were false and dangerous. Many religious beliefs are also.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 21, 2014 04:28PM

Beliefs are the impetus for actions. They have power. Extreme power.

I find giving blanket respect and honor to every person's right to their religious beliefs to be naive at best and irresponsible at worst.

Human rights came about because people stood up to extreme beliefs, refused to respect bigotry, refused to honor oppression, and did all in their power to stop people from taking their religious beliefs to extremes.

There are things we must tolerate by law, but respect and honor should be reserved for that which is respectable and honorable.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.