Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Need to Vent ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 05:34PM

My hair color is the opposite of hers. We both have the same body except she is a little taller. Is blue eye shadow back in style?

I am about to tell DH to as her husband for her hand in marriage.

DH is very over weight. If I pointed that out, I'm sure he would not appreciate it.

I just can't deal with this right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 31, 2012 05:34PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 05:39PM

Date: January 31, 2012 05:43PM

don't need any thing else to deal with.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 05:43PM

Has your DH lost all his built-in man-thought filters? Or does he consider you one of the guys?

Date: January 31, 2012 05:47PM

I don't think he has any filters. I stood next to him as he drooled over a gal a good 20 feet away at the Cosco. I looked at him, he looked at me smiled, then smiled and winked at her.

Is this activity supposed to make me jealous?

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:01PM

Make sure DH sees it. And dress sexy when you go to Costco ;)

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 05:57PM

No offense, but it sounds as if DH is not only a dick, but a stupid dick as well.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 07:53PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:04PM

somehow convince himself that they would be attracted to him. I just don't really know what to say--but I do believe I'd call him out on it.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:05PM

Do you check out guys butts when dh is with you? What is up with dh?

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:11PM

Maybe you should kick Fatboy to the curb and find someone who really cares for you. I had a husband like that once...always going on-and-on about this woman or that woman, flirting with them right in front of me--while he looked like he was 10 months pregnant, dressed like a dork, and was intellectually stuck in the 10th grade. He turned out to be a bi-sexual! Bi-sexual was not his real problem, being a #1 A**hole was!

Any spouse who would treat you that way is a spouse in name only. Life is too short to live with a person who has so little regard for you or your feelings.

The next time you and he are at a neighborhood "get together" and she is there be sure to tell her in the loudest voice that you have all the things that he has been saying about her and how it has made you feel. Ask the other wives if their husbands do them that way or are you the only one married to a jerk! Keeping quiet is letting him have the power...show the neighborhood what a jerk he is and see how he likes it. Yes, it will make everyone uncomfortable...who cares...have you been comfortable? I wish I had created a scene or two when I had the chance instead of being quiet so no one would be uncomfortable.

As for his weight problem, by all means point it out and anything else that you can find wrong with him...even if you have to make it up. Let him see what it feels like...that is what he deserves and more!

By-the-way, I am now married to a wonderful loving man who only has eyes for me. The jerk was married two more times, one lasted two weeks; the other three weeks. I was a fool to put up with his sh*t like I did (old story, because of the children).

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:18PM

My wife will often say: "Isn't that girl gorgeous?" Looking at a creature that looks like she could hide behind a particularly thin rake.

I will say: "no. Not really."

Until one day she spotted a woman with somewhat thickish legs, and a rather large arse, who was wearing a purple miniskirt. She said: "I'll bet you fancy HER though?!"

I choked at that as she had finally identified a young lady who I DID quite fancy.

S%*t! Sorry. Where was I? ;oD

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:34PM

I thought I looked rather slim in that mini-skirt!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:57PM

Kendal Mint Cake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought I looked rather slim in that mini-skirt!

Oh. Now you did it! You mentioned Kendal Mint Cake!

Goodbye, diet! ;oD

Posted by: dominikki ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:45PM

Can't say I blame you for being a little pissed off! Sometimes people tend to forget that their spouse needs a compliment here and there too! I'd be tempted to slap him upside the head if that were me!

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:46PM

My girlfriend and I always talk about who is hot and who isnt hot. We both are allowed to flirt and oogle. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wouldn't get into a relationship unless there was this kind of openness anyways.

A lot of people are saying that this behavior is idiotic. If we are considering that it hurts you specifically, then yes, it is idiotic and inconsiderate. However, there is no ethical or moral reason why someone couldn't enjoy the beauty of another person or even comment about it.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:21PM

It's one thing to mention "oh, she's pretty" or "he's cute." It's another entirely to go on and on about how attractive you found someone else. It's disrespectful and I suspect our OP is pissed at the fact that DH doesn't compiment her in the same fashion!

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 07:50PM

You are making the distinction between talking about who is cute and who is attractive. I make no such distinction. It isn't disrespectful to me or the people in my life.

That is fine, we can be different. :)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 06:49PM

mid-life crisis.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:24PM

Carol, the problem is, women see themselves as they really are, probably adding 10 extra pounds and a few more gray hairs to the imagination than there really are. Most men see themselves as they were at 20. They don't see the bulding middle, the blad spot, or the gray! And they are just SURE that every single young hottie out there wants them and their bad selves!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 07:20PM

Looking is one thing, and he gets one "she's pretty." Beyond that, put him in the doghouse. He'll figure it out.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 08:01PM

a man is the only creature on the planet that can walk down the street in nothing but swimming trunks, holding a can of beer, with a Dunlop, (not the tire, maybe a spare tire that dunlopped over the top of his belt.) missing teeth, and a smile that you know he still thinks he is sexy

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 08:17PM

A man is the only creature on earth who walks down the street wearing nothing but swimming trunks and holding a can of beer, PERIOD.

'Cept Cheetah, maybe.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.