Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ab ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 12:25PM

Out weeding in the garden and this line popped up in my head:
"The wicked who fight against Zion
Will surely be smitten at last."
Looking up Zion in Wikipedia I found than the Mormons has a special entry as follows:
Latter Day Saint movement[edit]
Main article: City of Zion (Mormonism)
A similar metaphoric transformation of the term "Zion" occurs in the modern Latter Day Saint movement, originating in the United States in the 1830s. In this interpretation, Zion refers to a specific location to which members of the millennial church are to be gathered together to live. During that time the ancient city of Enoch, also named Zion, that was taken to Heaven will return to the Earth. A Temple is to be built unto the Lord for a sacred work to be performed and for the Lord Jesus Christ to reign when he returns at the Second Coming. Until the gathering of Israel (Gentile and Jew who have accepted Jesus as their savior), when the second coming of Jesus Christ.[clarification needed]

Latter Day Saints also believe their location congregations to be the stakes of Zion, where they gather weekly to renew vows and covenants made to God the Father and to the Son of God.
Anyone feeling smitten?
To me fighting for your beliefs by repressing the truth and profiting from false beliefs makes an organization ripe for being smitten.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ain't got no name yet ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 12:27PM

Naw. Ain't wicked. All I do is fight against Zion, and that is never addressed in a hymn.

Posted by: Tiny Tears ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 12:30PM

Aw, nuts! I thought you had fallen in love.

Date: July 04, 2014 12:30PM

Etymology[edit]
From Middle English smiten, from Old English smītan (“to daub, smear, smudge; soil, defile, pollute”), from Proto-Germanic *smītaną (“to throw”), from Proto-Indo-European *smeyd- (“to smear, whisk, strike, rub”). Cognate with Saterland Frisian smieta (“to throw, toss”), West Frisian smite (“to throw”), Low German smieten (“to throw, chuck, toss”), Dutch smijten (“to fling, hurl, throw”), Middle Low German besmitten (“to soil, sully”), German schmeißen (“to fling, throw”), Danish smide (“to throw”), Gothic

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 12:32PM

I was smitten when I saw Julie Warner come out of the lake naked in 'Doc Hollywood'.

Other than that, no.....

Date: July 04, 2014 12:34PM

Exmormons smitten with truth

Posted by: I'm a Dinosaur ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 04:34PM

Ohhh... I thought you were talking about Zion, IL. Which has one of the most unique histories of any city I've known.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zion,_Illinois

It's founder John Alexander Dowie was equally as unique and worth taking a peak at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Alexander_Dowie

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 05:39PM

I'm with Tiny...thought this was going to be a sweet love story. come to think of it, here, it might have been a horrible love story where someone fell in love with TBM and thought everything would be hunky-dory because after all, he was in "the church" and wore garments, but he turned out to be the world's most gigantic douche...oh, wait a minute, that happened to me...never mind.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.