Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: byepolar ( )
Date: July 03, 2014 11:27PM

I kind of felt like I was back in Constantinople when the persecution of the Holy Icons was going on....

We went out for pizza, and in the driveway she told me that she wanted me to move out (over 26 years of marriage). Drove me back home, I went out to find an apartment, found one, came back, whereupon she was teary and had actually hung up a Cross on the wall herself and begged me to stay.

WTF?

So, we managed to make a deal about the whole thing, and agreed to go to a marital counselor.

That was a couple of weeks ago.

Oh yes - our son is on his mission, nearly at the end.

And, on Sundays, she goes to SM, and I go to Mass.

WTF again?

Life is really strange, isn't it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon for this One ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 12:16AM

I'm with ya. My wife is moving out on August 1. 27 years. I'm happy and sad all at once.

Posted by: exmo59 ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 01:19AM

Another case of the oppressed female.

You need to figure out how you are abusing her and cease.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 05, 2014 02:02PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 01:44AM

I still have the rather heavy mahogany and brass crucifix that hung over my parents' bed. I keep it in a box on a high shelf in my closet. Although I no longer consider myself Catholic, I refuse to part with it. I'm sentimental that way.

It looks like something that could have be used in the movie, "The Exorcist." Seriously, it's so heavy that if you banged a burglar over the head with it you could do some damage. The entire top of the crucifix slides off to reveal two candleholders on the arms of the cross and a bag of small candles. I have no idea how that works.

Catholic and Eastern Orthodox religious artifacts and icons can be visually interesting and oddly compelling.

I'm glad that you and your wife have decided to get marriage counseling. Somehow I'm thinking that you two crazy kids are going to work all of this out. :)

Posted by: In a hurry ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 08:34PM

Can a St. Christopher's medal for the car and a Mary-On-The-Half-Shell in the front yard be far away?

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: July 04, 2014 10:08PM

Mormonism has its own icons: JS, BY, BoM etc. Add Moroni and the symbols on the garmies. But Christianity is essentially the cross which is eschewed by mos. As for me, give me the cross, symbol of the atonement, vacant to symbolize the resurrection.

Posted by: ICEMAN ( )
Date: July 05, 2014 04:51AM

+ 1000000000

Posted by: Carl Pagan ( )
Date: July 05, 2014 04:55AM

Hmmm.... maybe Mormons fear the cross so much because they're vampires. Well, the leaders are certainly bloodsuckers.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: July 05, 2014 12:52PM

NEVER MOVE OUT !!!

Half of what you own together belongs to you, get a sharp attorney.

Leaving your home could be construed as abandonment by a court.

Stay until the divorce papers are signed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.