Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 02:25AM

We've got a Ward Conference coming up at the end of this month in out local ward, according to FIL. (My immediate family, wife and kids, have all resigned from the church over a decade ago, but even so we seem to be on *everybodies* list.

So....

With a new Stake President, and tithing very low, the list of people trying to impress is long and hence the love bombing fest.

YW after DD
Seminary after DD
Primary after DS
Primay after other DD
RS after DW
P after me
Bprick after all of us
Missionaries (who knows what they're after)
Etc Etc.

letters...
Cookies...
Drive Bys...
Drop ins...
Voice Mails...

All go unanswered, of course.

But golly, I wish they'd leave us ALONE!!!

We are not members of your cult!

Thanks. I had to get that off my chest.

Much better now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 02:27AM

How utterly perfect -- ignoring them. :)

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 10:11AM

Agreed. That's what we do when they leave messages on our answering machine (thank Prometheus for Caller ID), notes in the mail, VT messages in the mail, announcements in the email. We ignore them. They are very few and far between these days, maybe people are finally getting the hint?

It's funny though, 'cuz when we were active hardly anyone ever called us except when I was in some leadership position and they only called because they wanted something. With the exception of a couple of people, nobody ever called or visited except on church business but once we quit, all kinds of people loved us and wanted to reach out to us, almost certainly by assignment.

LoveBombing is a good name for what they do- just like carpet bombing, the target does not receive a nice rug, just a suitable application of attention with the intent to change your mind.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 05:26AM

Lost Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> So....
>
> With a new Stake President, and tithing very low,
> the list of people trying to impress is long and
> hence the love bombing fest.

Based on published financial accounts for the year ending 2009 it would be fair to guess that less than 10% of the official membership number pay tithing.

Total tithing paid in GB 2009 £27.5 million
Number of members claimed 185,000

If they all paid tithing that would equate to £12.38 per member per month.
If 10% of the mebership paid tithing that would equate to £123.87 per paying member per month.

As an average I think 10% is closer to reality, hence the issue for your SP.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 09:33AM

The love bombing started. Drop by's, phone calls, I found brownies on the doorstep w/a note attached.

Why don't they get it? There is a reason we left- and gooey chocolate marshmellowie brownies and unexpected visits haven't brought me back yet, and they won't either...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 09:46AM

Write down every instance of pestering. After you amass a dozen or so instances send it to the bishop (with a copy to the SP) and ask him at what point does the harassment stop after a member and his family resigns. I would also ask him if legal action is necessary in order to stop the harassment.

It just screams cult, doesn't it?

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 10:16AM

Let me get this straight: You've all resigned over 10 years ago, and you are still on a church list that qualifies you somehow to get love-bombed? What the hell is the point of resigning if they don't take you off of the list?

I like cookies. Maybe I should resign.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 10:52AM

lol

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 11:05AM

Collect all the stuff up and next Sunday walk in to SM and stride right up on to the stand and hand it all back to the BP during the meeting.

Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 04:50PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2011 04:51PM by Jerry the Aspousetate.

Posted by: duffy ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 11:10AM

...that I haven't officially resigned. I've been out for more than 25 years, as far as I'm concerned. I had to change my name and move twice to make them lose my trail. I know they are looking for me but they haven't found me yet. I have no intention of letting them know where I am if this is the kind of result I can expect from resigning.

Right now I have no idea what ward I would be in and I don't know a soul there and they don't know me. That's the way I like it.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 03:34PM

and put them on the porch of the bishop along with the original note.

Maybe that will get someone thinking.

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 04:43PM

Our love bomb only last one week and we lived a block from Mo'church.

We had several busy bodies in the ward and the first one was a superficial friend with the same amount of kids as us.
She dropped off cookies and begged us to seek the truth.

So took brownies to her house and Grant Palmers book with some videos attached another letter that said here's the truth read it for yourself. (No response)

Then we had another group come by and we basically did the same thing but with only video's.

Over a two year period we never got another call and even were avoided in several stores. It was nice.

Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: August 09, 2011 04:56PM

Mormons are usually big fat wimps. Yelling, cursing, police intervention, legal action, flipping off, hosing, dumping their love bombs back in their laps works.
I suggest everyone take action if you want harassment to cease.

I know because I've tried all the lady-like ones and my husband has done all the others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.