Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 10:02PM

God is kind, loves pajamas, absolutely forgiving, sometimes funny and very accepting of others (with the exception of the creators of Jersey Shore who will be burning in hell for all eternity)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 10:11PM

Add lots & lots of snuggles!

Posted by: missguided ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 10:54PM

and hes 6ft 5 and he cooks all your favorite foods instantly and electricutes all the people you hate...so hes like an awesome dad :D

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 11:00PM

It's not like "that". God is created in our image in the sense that he (not she) is a person who has counterintuitive traits (immortal, walks through walls, etc.) and has full-access to strategic information (knows all/sees all) about US!

That's the definition of the god we create in our mind: a counterintuitive agent who has full-access to strategic information about you.

Scary, huh?

Now you can go back to having fun.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 11:10AM

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 11:40AM

When I think of "god", I think of a Mother figure.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 01:42PM

Well, BadGirl, that's because you're a "bad girl"! But, hey, I love ya anyway. ;~)

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 11:07PM

OMG! I am wearing my PJs right at this very minute!
You must be true!

Posted by: Socrates2 ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 11:20PM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 11:39PM

My God would be a beach bum, very laid back and loving with a great sense of humor. Long hair - beard - maybe a Virgin Mary tattoo on his arm with MOTHER underneath. He'd be big on that Golden Rule and want everyone to play nicely with others. He wouldn't want people to worry what others thought of them - he'd just want everyone to do their best then relax and let it go. He'd finally let me have my superpower - being able to talk to people in their heads (especially on the freeway when I want to say "Slow down, jerk" to the driver of a car that is speeding past me at 90 mph).

And yes, I get that except for that superpower, I pretty much described Jesus but I like a lot of what he stood for and think the threatening crap was added later by people who wanted control. I agree with Gandhi when he said "I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians. They are nothing like your Christ."

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 12:57AM

He's Californian, but he keeps an island home in Greece. God likes Jazz music, though Vince Guaraldi can bring Him to tears. He can mix a wicked cocktail. He does Everclear shots. While in Japan he eats puffer fish and live shrimp. He does not always order out for girls, but when he does, he chooses plural girls.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 11:41AM

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 03:19AM

...because that's what I look like. I'm totally lying.

Posted by: fancypants ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 04:34AM

God isn't Mormon then! Proved Mormons wrong just now. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2011 04:35AM by fancypants.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: August 05, 2011 06:04PM

He'll shoot yer kneecap off if you don't give up the location of your own lost car keys. I know that's tough, but at least you'll remember where you put 'em.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.