Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 04:03PM

Did anyone see Abby Huntsman take TSCC to task over excommunicating Kate Kelly. Lets see what they do about her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 04:05PM

Where was this huff post live or elsewhere? Linky?

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 04:55PM

Is that today's younger generation will not stand for intolerance. This sentiment is echoed by my DD who is currently attending BYU. She states that many of her friends feel similarly - that excommunication feels Medieval to them.

The crusty gerontocracy at the COB is pretty out of touch. Mind you it's generational, but the sands of change have already shifted. They will soon be dead and so will their attitudes.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 04:58PM

Posted by: exodus ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 05:40PM

Very well stated by Abby. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 06:22PM

A very well stated opinion.. One that should resonate with people of any age. Abby epitomizes the eloquent and well-reasoned dialogue of the younger generation as regards the old-guard fundamentalism, both of religion and politics. Those fogeys are simply going to be pushed aside. They will be irrelevant.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 06:32PM

Wow, well said, Abby!
I hope that ruffles some feathers at the COB

Posted by: Reality Check ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 06:48PM

Some may not know but Abby Huntsman is the daughter of Jon Huntsman, Jr. (former Governor of Utah) and the granddaughter of the late LDS apostle, David B. Haight.

Abby severed ties with the LDS Church several years ago when she married a non-member. She is now a harsh critic of LDS Inc.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 08:06PM

I wonder how high up in Mormon royalty the MORG would excommunicate, bearing in mind that the Huntsman's put big $$ into Utah & the cult and donate business jet hours to fly the profit around...could they afford the PR nightmare punting Huntsman would bring?

Ron Burr

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 08:19PM

Not because of the publicity, but because they would never interrupt the revenue stream.

Plus, the royalty do not have rules in the cult. Suggestions, maybe...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2014 08:21PM by sonoma.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 08:26PM

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 10:46PM

THANK YOU, Abby. I hope my granddaughter is one of the younger generation who won't stand for it.

Posted by: jakers4 ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 05:29PM

Oh great, she said something about the church that wasn't nice. Guess they are going to have to ex her too...

Posted by: T ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 06:02PM

That has as much chance of happening as snow at the equator, given she's a media person, they wouldn't risk the bad PR. Also, with her well connected family, with money, they wouldn't think of it. Different "justice" for different folks is a true sign of a false "political" church. Perhaps the brethren should excommunicate themselves, if indeed this is the way things are. Perhaps at the next conference each general authority can excommunicate the guy next to him, and Thomas can be the last one to leave the building, and turn out the lights.

Posted by: jakers4 ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 06:40PM

Yeah I know there is no way they are going to give her the same treatment as KK. I was being facetious.

Posted by: androidandy ( )
Date: June 29, 2014 05:57PM

Great job by Abby Huntsman on MSNBC video.

The Morg is indeed getting left behind.

Pitiful controlling CULT.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.