Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 09:27PM

Not a big deal, but amusing:

Back when most Mormons went to their stake centers in order to hear the broadcast of General Conference, there was a TBM Mormon in one of the wards of my stake who always took charge of the equipment for all five sessions. He just took on the task because it needed to be done. He knew how to handle the equipment; so he did. He would focus the picture, adjust the volume, and keep everything working smoothly. There would always be a few people who noticed his efforts and thanked him.

Was he ever surprised one Sunday in sac meeting to hear himself released from the “calling” and another member of the stake called and sustained as his replacement!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 09:33PM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 09:37PM

Can you release someone without even telling them about it first?

Pretty funny though.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 10:16PM

BTW, I read and loved your exit story, Greyfort! I could relate to so many of the points you raised, including in part:

Never imagining that the church would turn out to be a complete fraud.
Pressured to make a choice against my conscience and regretting it, but never letting it happen again.
Vehemently disagreeing that we are "never given more than we can handle."
Shock upon hearing about the petition against same-sex marriage passed around in RS meeting (here in the US) for signatures, when the church always claimed it was politically neutral.
Wondering why the hours and $$ spent on the dead were not instead spent on the living who needed it!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 10:22PM

Awww, thanks.

And Mormons wonder why we need to meet together in groups like this. We get to meet people who've been there, done that. They understand, like no one else ever will.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.