Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 05:07PM

...such as the veracity of proving a paternity case and other similar scenarios.

Why does Moronism get to choose which DNA science and its utilization it will believe and then simply deep-6 other DNA science such as Simon Southerton's???

OK...so here's a hypothetical...

An escaped con and former arsonist burns down the local Stake President's house during a robbery. CSI finds said arsonist's DNA splattered all over the house.

With incredible DNA odds proving that said arsonist is the culprit the State Corrections facility offers to pay for all costs associated with the Stake President's home and insurance since said arsonist escaped from their facility if the Stake President agrees with the DNA findings and evidence.

Since the Stake President refutes the DNA evidence that shreds the BOM how can he bless this DNA evidence that proves nearly beyond a shadow of a doubt that said arsonist was responsible for torching his house???

Is my story-case flawed?

Are there different levels of exactness in DNA science?

Or is DNA science...DNA science...DNA science...?

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 05:20PM

The true religious never seeks objective truth, always contend with personal confirmation - because his heart knows that will make him a special one before most others in the eyes of the almighty.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 07:35PM

No...I think you're on to something.

I've noticed plenty of times, that people are perfectly willing to embrace *other* forms of science, or even other variations on the same scientific field, so long as it doesn't contradict what they've already decided to believe.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 07:41PM

DNA is reliable for all races except Native Americans.

(Due to: Native American DNA tends to morph, mutate and dilute MUCH faster than other DNA.)

Snork.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 07:43PM

If any of you are serious about further research into DNA, may I suggest the absolutely excellent "Relics of Eden" by Daniel J. Fairbanks. Though it does not specifically mention Mormonism, it details in easy to understand language how DNA works. Once this is understood it is easy to see why LDS apologists are fighting a losing battle.

As I have argued many times on this board, the best "anti-Mormon" books are those that do not even mention Mormonism yet demolish it just the same.

PS. Dagny (above) is incorrect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 07:44PM by nebularry.

Posted by: Omg ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 07:58PM

Usually in debates with people about the "DNA problem" with Mormonism, I just advise those who claim incredulity to look at the positive control for all DNA lineage and ancestry analyses: that done on Cohen Jews across the world, which has been peer-reviewed and published in the most reputable scientific journals. And the only study done on "haplotype X" which I'm aware was done by a researcher who happens to be LDS showed that it has been in the US since years and years before any arrival by Lehi's group. It also reinforced the arrival in the US by a Siberian route, though in a second wave.

The usual course of the discussion is then "Well BYU geneticists are all over it, trust me". The obvious response is that if they have been all over the problem for years and still can't come up with one solitary fragment of supporting evidence then there really is a problem.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 08:53PM

I have to say every day I’m out of religion it just gets easier and easier to see how the church creates intellectual children.
The answers in science don’t disappear for Pete’s sakes. It changes “for the better” as new information is learned and shared. In science answers are built upon and added to our core knowledge.

It amazes me that the same jacktard that dismisses science when it rattles his brain on an unsupportable religious assertion will get on a jet aircraft built with a couple hundred thousand individual scientific inventions and ride his well fed and quite comfortably made ass to grandmas house, at over 500 miles an hour at 25-40,000ft above the earth all the while thinking in his narrow minded brain “yeah what does science know? Thank god we have the prophets”.

Yeah that’s right jacktard! You’re flying and prophets didn’t have squat to do with it and you think we who trust science more than prophets are the ignorant ones!

Jacktard literally wallows in comfort every stinking day that same jacktard may or may not have contributed to science his own jacktard self and yet will literally poop inside the mouth of humanities incredible gift horse called "science".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 08:56PM by AmIDarkNow?.

Posted by: greekgod ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 10:08PM

You are angry.

I like it.

Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I just think about how incredibly stupid Mormonism is and how good it feels to know I escaped, and then I blog about some issue that proves how stupid they are and I feel better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 10:09PM by greekgod.

Posted by: student ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 10:55PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 10:12PM

Perhaps native American DNA changes rapidly as the Native Americans become more white & delightsome.

:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.