Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:31PM

I was so sure that the cult was right, even though I didn't like it and felt like I had to do it in order to not go to hell.

I remember hearing critics(Anti-mormons or course) and smugly being sure that in the end, they will all find out that they were wrong.

Somehow I never had a testimony strong enough to ever bear it, not even once in my life, but I was so sure that at some point all of you would find out that you were wrong, and the church really was run by Jesus.

Except for cult-think, how would I explain not liking it, wishing that I didn't have to do it, but being so inoculated against hearing the truth that I was sure that you all were wrong. And all of you would find out someday that you were wrong.

I wasn't sure that the United States would prevail in the end, or any other institution. But I was so sure that the LDS church would. And as I say, I didn't even like it!

Cult-think

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:33PM

Sounds a lot like me in my TBM days. Sad and pathetic, but that's how cult-think works. The good news is - some of us are putting those childish ways behind us.

Posted by: Ten Bear ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:35PM

And this is typical. I know I thought the same way.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:42PM

"I was so sure that the cult was right, even though I didn't like it and felt like I had to do it in order to not go to hell."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.