Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 02:58PM

http://www.slchamber.com/news-room/read/article/136
I have no idea how the person in charge of the temporal wealthfare of the church could be doing God's will in becoming the Developing Angel of Salt Lake City regardless of Brigham Young's "right place" statement.

Did Smith and Young want Salt Lake City to be a new Nauvoo or a Singapore or Hong Kong? Really?

This is the same as The Pope having a Cardinal renovate Vatican City to become a great place for rich Catholics to live and shop instead of a place for worshipers to flock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 24, 2011 03:17PM

...feeding the hunger, clothing the naked and administering to the sick.

Just have a welfare system setup to take care of your own poor and then act like a huge corp.

Date: March 24, 2011 06:44PM

Gordon on the mite.

http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=6965
The Widow's Mite

"I hold in my hand a widow's mite. It was given me in Jerusalem many years ago, and I was told that it is genuine. I have it framed, and I keep it in my office as a constant reminder of the fearsome responsibility of spending that which comes of the consecrations of the members of the Church. Most of the wonderful, faithful Latter-day Saints who pay their tithing are men and women of modest means. They not only pay their tithing, but they also make many other contributions for the strengthening of this work."

Seeing that video of Burton enjoying the good life like any exec of a Fortune 500 company makes me angry. What "fearsome responsibility" is he feeling? Good God the hypocrisy of these anointed assholes.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:10PM

Gordo actually said that shit about the widow's mite? What a fucking joke. He's the one who started that damn $5 billion mall!

I also happen to know one of H. David Burton's nephews. He's quite a nice character.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.