Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elizabeth, my temple name ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:46PM

Jerry Ainsworth's book was shown to me tonight. The title is The Lives and Travels of Mormon and Moroni.

Apparently the book was written in 2001 and gives archaeological evidence through some kind of hieroglyphs written on ancient walls of Mormon and Moroni. It says the Mayans are Lamanites and it shows the 'signature' of Moroni.

It states the 'signature' is found all over the western states.

Can anybody tell me about this book and if the evidence is supported anywhere else? I'm tired of people showing me 'evidence' from something that was debunked years ago.

I haven't heard of this book before tonight. Jose Davala is supposed to be one of the 'founders' of the hieroglyphs.

Anyone know about this book and any reviews it was given?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tango ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:12PM

I dont know if this helps..but here is a list and another book that might help. I agree..I need to get together with some people on this website and create a website that calls for proof of the BoM with a sizable bounty attached for the first one to step forward with evidence. Then when in doubt just point to the website..I have cash if anyone is interested email me-

These are either proven forgeries or the sites have been used differently than what they really are (ex. American Stonehenge is an early colonial American cider press constructed in the manner that they have used in their home countries for centuries hence the resemblance to the Celtic ones).

Kensington Stone
Bat Creek Stone
Beardmore Relics
Burrows Cave
Cardiff Giant
Davenport Tablets
Dighton Rock
Grave Creek Stone
Gungywamp
Heavener Runestone
Holly Oak Pendant
Lenape Stone
Los Lunas Decalogue Stone
Newark Holy Stones
Michigan Relics
Mystery Hill (America Stonehenge)
Newport Tower
Palo Verde Stones
Tucson Artifacts
From the Encyclopedia of Dubious Archeology ~Kenneth L. Feder Greenwood press 2010

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:11AM

Excellent list. My brother swears by these evidences. His favorite is the Los Lunas stone, which, despite human contamination, has been estimated to be a couple of thousand years old. I've given him the grace to start from that assumption.

So we have a list of the Ten Commandments written in Hebrew in New Mexico that dates to Book of Mormon times, scientifically confirmed. Sounds pretty good to a TBM.

Now let's look further. First off, the guy who discovered the stone was a known fraud, who was confirmed to have fabricated archaelogical evidence in other cases. Sound like a certain man with last name Hoffman to you? My brother also swears by the Salamander Letters to show that you can't trust scientific analysis (though he swears to the scientific analysis of the Los Lunas stone... interesting).

But I'll allow him the leeway to assume that just because the guy was a known fraud who fabricated evidence doesn't mean that this stone is necessarily a fraud. Let's dig deeper...

The writings on the Los Lunas stone use a combination of Samaritan and Greek letters. Greek? That's interesting. The Book of Mormon says nothing about Greek. I thought the Greek didn't conquer Palestine until more than 200 years after Lehi and Mulek left Jerusalem! Well, says my brother, Greece and Palestine were pretty close together, with roads connecting. Only an ignorant fool would think that there wasn't cultural interaction before Alexander.

But the language of the stone uses good Greek grammar, and makes Samaritan mistakes that would be natural grammatical mistakes for a person of Greek learning, and unthinkable for a Hebrew. Doesn't this mean the person who wrote was most likely not a Hebrew? Speculation, says my brother.

But what of the language. The particular combination of characters matches perfectly a Samaritan-Greek dialect that has been discovered in Alexandria - a city founded by Alexander in the year 331 BC, long after any known Book of Mormon exodus. This dialect was well known by the fraud who discovered the stone. Brother, says my brother, you have been duped by people who claim absolute knowledge and ignore scientific facts that go against their stubborn beliefs.

Touche, says I.

Posted by: theGleep ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 05:29PM

Tango Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ..I need to get together with some people on this
> website and create a website that calls for proof
> of the BoM with a sizable bounty attached for the
> first one to step forward with evidence.

I could help with that. I think it would be easy to set up and maintain as a wiki-type site.

Email me if you're serious?

Posted by: tango ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:16PM

moxy @ netzero . com

Posted by: Elizabeth, my temple name ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:27AM

I could only think of the 'Kilroy was here'. The signature of Moroni was indicated by a combination of Egyptian signs with an eye symbol. Quite strange. I wanted to ask why Moroni would etch his name in rocks all over the west when he had plates of gold or other ways to communicate his travels.

Jerry Ainsworth gives lectures too and I wonder if anyone has attended one of these 'firesides'. The book surprised me and I just wondered if anyone had heard of the 'signature' of Moroni or had attended one of these lectures.

My reply to the person who showed me the book was the LDS church would have grasped at this if it was legitimate. I notice the first presidency stays out of anything to do with archaeological findings after Sorenson's empty expeditions.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:53AM

"Hey, Lamanites, catch me if you can!. I'm leaving little clues as to where I've been while I flee, carrying these heavy gold plates!"

Sonds logical to me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.