Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: June 18, 2014 01:21PM

While I was slogging through Matthias Cowley’s obsequious biography of Wilford Woodruff for my recent "Tweets" series, I came across this rancid little nugget of history. It adds the stench of condescension to the cancer of racism, producing a particularly vile brand of toxic waste.

Time to throw these bastards under the bus too – and then back the bus up and run them over again.

Matthias F. Cowley, Wilford Woodruff — His Life and Labors, p. 587

"[Wilford Woodruff] said in his journal of October, that year [1894], that ‘Aunt Jane,’ the colored sister, had been to see him. She was anxious to go through the Temple and receive the higher ordinances of the gospel. President Woodruff blessed her for her constant, never changing devotion to the gospel, but explained to her her disadvantages as one of the descendants of Cain.

In after years when President Joseph F. Smith preached the funeral sermon of this same faithful woman he declared that she would in the resurrection attain the longings of her soul and become a white and beautiful person."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: June 18, 2014 02:40PM

Posted by: crissykays ( )
Date: June 18, 2014 03:00PM

Wow just wow that's sickening and saddening for her especially not only to be denied those "sacred" ordinances but to believe she is better of as a white woman, this same thing happened to my Native American gma she honestly thought she would be white and delightsome in the next life sad sad. I always reminded her how pretty her brown skin was and people were paying big money in tanning fees to get that same dark brown color.

Posted by: abaddon ( )
Date: June 18, 2014 03:51PM

He was speaking as a man.

Isn't it marvelous?

Posted by: ftw ( )
Date: June 18, 2014 04:07PM

Obviously speaking as a man. The church's race and the priesthood essay clears that up.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 18, 2014 04:29PM

...........and the prophet will never lead you astray.

How I sure wished the internet and this forum was around way back when I had fallen head over heals over a completely immersed Molly.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.