Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 09:33AM

We have a really unique dynamic going in our home. Shila is ex-JW and I'm ex-Mo. We have some side-splitting conversations and we have some that make you just want to cry. For example:

We're discussing polygamy and I'm explaining how misleading it is that the Morg states it has nothing to do with polygamy. I show her how the Morg teaches that, after this life, men become gods and have a ton of goddesses with whom they can copulate and make spirit children. Without missing a beat, she says that wouldn't work for the JW because only 144,000 will go to the equivalent of the CK and, if you mix the doctrines, that means only one man from earth would go and he'd have 143,999 wives. I peed my pants.

She related how the governing Elders of the Watchtower Society tried to pinpoint the second coming and picked 1975. Shila's mother told her that education was, therefore, not important and that she needed to get married and start a family. Shila dropped out of school, got married, and had her first son at age 17. This made me cry.

I told her that there were 7' tall Quakers on the moon that need to be converted to mormonism. She quipped that she hoped the Mormons liked oatmeal. Bwahahahahaha!

We talked about the JW bible. I showed her where there were verses that were, well, missing. For example, say John 5:21 said something they didn't like. It would look like this in the JW bible (this is hypothetical. I can't remember which verses):

5:21 -

I asked why. She said, fuckifIknow. We both peed our pants.

I told her I was always fascinated with the JW magazines "Awake" and "The Watchtower". I thought it was cool because they had post-second-coming families sitting under a tree with casual clothes, having a picnic, one kid picking an apple from a tree and a lion with his arm around a lamb. She said "Ronnie? Where the hell do you come up with these things?". We both peed our pants.

On and on it goes. She's a peach among peaches. :)

http://www.pbase.com/roninhouston/image/98485756.jpg

Just sayin'...

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:09AM

Ron, great pic, and funny story!

We are thinking of moving to your neck if the woods. Can you email me?

Date: February 03, 2011 10:31AM

What's the addy?

Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 12:59PM

jeebus@churchofsecrets.com

Date: February 03, 2011 01:25PM

I'll get back with you tonight. In the meantime, go here and poke around. I'm busy on that board too.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/houston/

Ron

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:39AM

She's a doll, Ron, and you guys sound like you have a ton of fun. That's how it should be, but you're both one in a gazillion. (Logical or no...)

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 10:41AM

Date: February 03, 2011 11:09AM

Thanks! I think she's beautiful and other than having a good sense of humor and bedside manner, I have no clue why she's still around.

She's not my wife, however. We're livin' in sin, going on 4 years now.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 04:16PM

It's wonderful that you two are happy and I'm happy for you. Somehow I fail to see the "sin" in two people loving each other and being committed to each other. :)

Date: February 03, 2011 04:54PM

Okay, "shakin' up" then. LOL

Date: February 03, 2011 05:01PM

"shackin'"

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: February 03, 2011 03:59PM

I had an ex-JW GF for a number of years.

Your post sounds very familiar.

My gf's family were all very active JW's. We got shunned. Big time.

When we moved in together, we would watch each of her life-long friends disappear from view when they found out. Her parents laid a big guilt trip on how "we" ruined and inconvenienced "their" lives because they couldn't hang with us anymore.

Jeez.. those people were as arrogantly ignorant as another group of people I know.

Re Ensigns and Watchtowers... same drivel, just different paper and pictures. "People who understand the gospel/truth.... blah, blah, blah..."

I could go on...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.