Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Utahnomo ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:28AM

So I sent my letter in to the email address posted here a while back and I received a letter in the mail Friday saying that my request had been sent to the local SP and that I would be hearing from the bish regarding my resignation.

It also had a sentence at the bottom telling me of the serious eternal ramifications of my decision and asking me to reconsider. They included a full color pamphlet with a bunch of crap about the morg as well.

What a joke. I don't want to hear from the effing bishop I just want my damn name removed. I was so pissed. My mom lives with me and my wife because she can't afford to live on her own so I guess I won't be rude to the bish when he calls because she is still TBM and I don't want to screw things up for her.

Well, I will report back when I have the final letter in my hand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 02:02PM

that it was NOT a request, but a RESIGNATION.

And the warnings . . . . you could tell them that their attempt at Threatening you if you leave was not only ineffective, but humorous, because you already KNOW it's make-believe.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 02:11PM

Leave a message. I have resigned from your church and want the paperwork expedited. Do not phone or visit me. Kindly just get on with it. Thanks, Your Name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 02:13PM by Cheryl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.