Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 10, 2010 07:04PM

What a bunch of self-serving BS. Revisionist history at its worst. Or don't they remember Prop 8?
Another example of lying for the Lard - or at least lying to protect the image of The Corporation (which is more important).

On the other hand, I guess they are in the forefront of the gay rights movement - in the forefront of denying equal rights.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 10, 2010 07:05PM

And some of the members didn't get the memo. I was just told to "freaking leave" the Facebook group. That's not very civil, is it.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 10, 2010 07:14PM

"Civil" to them means agreeing with them. And "civil" only applies to anyone not agreeing totally with them.

Date: October 10, 2010 07:46PM

I feel like I've wandered into a cage full of kooky, mean, 30-year-old parrots.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 10, 2010 07:52PM

"compassionate ministry to LDS Church members who have same-gender attraction."

Compassion which tells members who have same-gender attraction that a core part of their identity is not real, but of the devil and pure evil. Why on earth would that cause a person to feel deep self loathing?

"Indeed, religious organizations provide the vital infrastructure for the economy of care that undergirds our community."

What the heck does that mean? How much of the problems people are dealing with were placed their by religious organizations?

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: October 10, 2010 09:50PM

Perverse
Abnormal
Fleshly Desires
Disgusting
Twisted
Sick

And I could go on but you get the picture.

Nope, no civility there. :)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 10, 2010 07:20PM

"We encourage all to read President Packer's talk rather than simply rely on the media interpretations and selective quotations." (In other words, pay no attention to what Packer SAID, pay attention to what WE SAY HE SAID.)

"It stretches all credulity to find in President Packer's pastoral counsel what some are calling a hateful message "that can lead some kids to bully and others to commit suicide." Contrary to what some have written in provocative press releases, nothing in President Packer's talk says that "violence and/or discrimination against LGBT people is acceptable." (But it's ok to hate em' cuz GOD HATES GAYS.) (sarcasm)

LDS, Inc. talks out of both sides of its mouth and its assholes too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 07:21PM by winecountrygirl.

Date: October 10, 2010 07:30PM

There's a phrase I've never heard a Mormon use.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 10, 2010 07:22PM

Oh bullshit.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 10, 2010 10:30PM

How can religious organizations claim to be civilizations bedrock when they openly disavow their President of the Q12 when he brings the word of the Lord to their faithful?

And considering the cowardice that they displayed on Friday in the wake of Thursdays demonstration, why should the faithful even listen to their chickensh-t article?

And why does being civil only apply to how people should regard the church? Is clamping electrodes to mens genitalia civil?
Is it civil to be telling gay people that Heavenly Father would never make such a mistake as them?

To the church I would say, enough! We've heard enough!
You have lied about ending polygamy, you have lied about your involvement in Mountain Meadows, you've lied about the ERA involvement, you've lied about your scriptures, your eternal truths, you've lied about the Salamander letter and let people die to protect the deeper lie.
You lied about the Salt Lake olympics bribery, and you lied about you involvement in Prop8 in California, and Prop1 in Maine, and you even lie about your own members.

You have nothing believable to say. And we have heard enough.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 12:29AM

Absolutely agree with everything you said.Perfect.

Posted by: runbikeswim ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 05:10AM

well, the whole point of their article is that they are compassionate towards gays and that they abhor violence. NOT. i specifically remember hearing packer give a talk in 1976 where he condoned beating someone because they were gay. and thanks to the internet i can confirm my fond memories of his talk. here is that part of the speach from one of god's representatives on earth, hahahaha.

"There are some men who entice young men to join them in these immoral acts. If you are ever approached to participate in anything like that, it is time to vigorously resist.

While I was in a mission on one occasion, a missionary said he had something to confess. I was very worried because he just could not get himself to tell me what he had done.

After patient encouragement he finally blurted out, "I hit my companion."

"Oh, is that all," I said in great relief.

"But I floored him," he said.

After learning a little more, my response was "Well, thanks. Somebody had to do it, and it wouldn't be well for a General Authority to solve the problem that way"

I am not recommending that course to you, but I am not omitting it. You must protect yourself."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.