Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lily ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 06:16PM

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a24466339/sister_wives_sorry_if_this_is_a_repost_but_did_anyone_watch_this_last_night?cpg=1&csi=2217111037&pd=-12

A few pages in they start talking about how they would absolutely leave the church if polygamy is reenstated. A few talk about how shocked they are to learn of Smith's extra wives, some are particularly disgusted that he married women married to other men and young girls.

I wonder how many testimonies are being shaken at the moment...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 06:46PM

Although I don't post there, it would be interesting to inform them that both Dallin Oakes and Russell M Nelson are sealed to 2 wives for eternity.

JB

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 12:49PM

Not only are Oaks and Nelson sealed to two wives, but Harold B. Lee and Howard W. Hunter were as well. Lee even wrote a poem about it. Heber J. Grant was sealed to three, but that's a bit of ancient history, I guess.

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 07:37PM

I'm not sure the TBMs can handle that...

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 07:52PM

Can't remember what my name and password were. I think my name was something like Lequesha. If I could remember I might go over and have some more fun.

Posted by: Lily ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 08:12PM

It's hard for them when the trolls are armed with truth and actual facts that they can't dispute.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 08:39PM

Doris Hanson’s “Polygamy: What Love is This?” episode, featuring researcher Helen Radkey. Radkey uses *only* LDS Church genealogical websites for her information.

http://www.aboutpolygamy.com/ep333.htm

Among the startling gems Radkey has unearthed:

Mormons who had been *excommunicated* because they had been practicing polygamy when alive, now (i.e. after their death) have been sealed to all of their illegal polygamist wives!

Joseph Smith is sealed to 239 named wives (many added after his death.) In addition, there are still *more* wives sealed to him under “unknown name.”

Emma is sealed to 3 men!: Joseph Smith, his brother Don Carlos, & Louis Bidamon (Bidamon was Emma's second and last legal husband.)

Use your discernment, Lily, about what to post.

Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 09:01PM

I don't know what happend to my first post but it has vanished INTO CYBERSPACE!! But it might be good to remind the baby center board, that Both Dallin Oakes and Russell M Nelson are married for time and eternity in the Temple to two wives.
JB

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 09:03PM

I can see your original post. :)

Posted by: Stillanon ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 11:15PM

Just saw on the news that the "Sister Wives" family is being investigated for bigamy. What a bunch of knuckleheads.

Posted by: misfit ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 11:53PM

I honestly don't understand how any self-respecting woman could read DC 132 in its entirety, and still have a testimony of Joseph Smith being a prophet. The attempt at the manipulation of Emma is so transparent. I just love how Emma is threatened with destruction if she doesn't go along with polygamy. Yet, she is the one that lived to a ripe old age, while Joe was killed within a year of 132's writing.

Posted by: Apatheist ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 02:04AM

Reading that thread on Babycenter is making my head spin. I can't believe the number of them that think the church would reinstate polygamy if it was legalized. And many of them have expressed how glad they are that the family went out of their way to mention they aren't part of the church. My husband was sitting there reading the posts and laughing. These people don't have a clue and I can't believe I used to agree with them!

And yes, I saw on the news that the family is being investigated by the cops in Lehi. Here's a link to the story I watched on it: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12603468 Interesting how they charge after them for being in the spotlight, but they don't go after the whole freaking polygamous community living right there in Utah County. The Mo Lehi cops will probably make an example of Kody Brown. And that's just sad because it won't make any difference in the number of people who are living it.

Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 03:43PM

I love they way it took 19 pages of comments before the thread was closed with a warning about certain topics being off-limits.

"UH OH - WOMEN THINKING INDEPENDENTLY! DANGER!"

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: September 28, 2010 05:38PM

I like that the question came up more than a few time, "If it was legal would the Church still practice it"

and it's not a "suggestion it's a commandment". So they know that Mormonism is all about polygamy.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 10:52AM

Posted by: Anon regular lurker ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 06:29AM

I had to do a double take. It's a picture of a knitted mother, supposedly naked, legs spread open, with a preggo stomach, and a baby head, out on the perinium. It even has Black Pubic hair!!! I about fell out of my chair. I am actually amazed that picture made it up there as someone moniker!

I work with labor and delivery and see hundereds of deliveries a year, and this just makes me laugh until I peed my pants! Clever for whoever did it, but come on, pubic hair and all! THe titties with red nipples are classic too! It even drew alot of comments! Positive ones I might add! If that were and LDS site, it would be banned in a second. Nice work, whoever did that.

Posted by: slowtrotter ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 07:21AM

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 10:23AM

Kinda like the Grudge with froglegs having a baby.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 10:45AM

Who comes up with something like this? Seriously - it would never cross my mind. In fact, I kinda wish I'd never seen it.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 07:34AM

Wow... that's pretty creative.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 01:14PM

I noticed that one of the comments stated that the church would not reinSo, state polygamy, as it is no longer needed. Did they ever ask what was the need then? Was there a shortage of men? Nope!

So what was the reason? These are women with unshakable testimonkies of the church, but are ready to jump ship. Hmmmm.... Not too unshakable!

Posted by: Rookif ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 01:34PM

Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 06:05PM

It's getting good - their heads must be spinning over there.

Time to welcome the Baby Center moms on RfM!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.