Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heynonny ( )
Date: June 05, 2014 05:15AM

..I pretty much hate the mormon church. I totally despise TBM's who think they have an answer for every "anti" notion out there. I want to throw up on them when they make statements like, " don't you think that satan wi do everything on his power to discredit the church?" He will tell 10 mormon lies to get one mormon truth by..satan knows the church is true, Bullshit like that.
Here's a question for those who believe in God and his nemisis, satan. Is the mormon church really the church of the devil? Is he using it to thwart people away from the one true god... Christianity? How would you convince a TBM knucklehead that the father of lies is really running the church? Do the 15 assholes in SLC know this? How about that floppy jowled prick Holland?
I'm so fucking pissed off tonight!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raving Anti-M ( )
Date: June 05, 2014 09:48AM

Q: Is the Mormon church really the church of the devil? Is he using it to thwart people away from the one true god... Christianity?

A: Could be. 2 Corinthians 11:13-14, "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." Pretty much the Big 15 described there, in my mind. But, of course, Mormons will say the same thing about others.

Q: How would you convince a TBM knucklehead that the father of lies is really running the church? Do the 15 assholes in SLC know this? How about that floppy jowled prick Holland?

A: You won't convince them... they're blind. And they'll just say the rest are the churches of the devil.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 05, 2014 10:06AM

I don't buy into God. Or Satan. Although at least Satan has some personality and charm. But it's god that you have to "buy in to," literally. Get out your check book.

But to answer your question. When I got my endowments I was shocked to see Lucifer not only in the temple, having the priesthood as well,and-- he got a way cooler apron than anybody else, and God asks HIM what's going on and he explains to God that he is doing his part in the play--as usual. God can't even figure out why Adam and Eve have put on some fig leaves. Satan seemed to be running the show.

Satan has way too much class to have anything to do with something as mundane and boring (yet oddly still damaging) as the Mormon church. He got bored with the whole thing long ago and took off with Eve for galaxies far beyond.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: June 05, 2014 10:09AM

Christianity is as much of a myth as Mormonism. I have never understood why some individuals who are smart enough to see their way out of Mormonism would then fall for the BS of Christianity.

Jerald Tanner, who I knew and considered to be quite intelligent, was one of these. My only thought is that Jerald, for whatever reason, needed a personal relationship with God. I never have. I just can't rap my brain around the idea that god is sitting on his throne waiting for my prayer to personally answer. How absurd!

Posted by: newtoutah ( )
Date: June 05, 2014 11:24AM

Disguised as a snake, Satan promised Eve that, if she stopped obeying God and started following Satan, she would ''be like God.''
What other church teaches their followers exactly that?
The Mormon church is alone in this.
God, to the Mormon church, is merely another ex-man who got his own planet.
I would dearly love to go through verses of the Bible with TBM's to see which verses they would allow as translated correctly.
Seems to be very few of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2014 11:25AM by newtoutah.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 05, 2014 11:31AM

You can't. If you believe Satan is the father of lies, then you have to believe he is pretty good at lying and convincingly so. However, here are two interesting links you might like:

http://packham.n4m.org/satan.htm

http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-temple-square-utah/

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: June 05, 2014 11:49AM

The name Beelzebub has been interesting to me for some time. Baal Zebub, or "Lord of Flies" was supposedly the patron deity of the city of Ekron, although I can find no supporting documentation for this outside of the Bible.

There are some who believe that the title of the god could have originally been Baal Zebul, "Lord Prince," and that they title of "lord of the flies" was a derisive epithet against a foreign god, but this is mere speculation.

As with many Canaanite, Assyrian and Egyptian deities, Beelzebub was popularly thought of as a lesser, malevolent god, or fallen angel, or a wandering spirit who pestered people foolish enough to wander in the "waste places" of the earth. This was particularly true during the centuries leading up to and immediately following the beginning of the common era, so the accusation that Jesus cast out spirits by the power of the Lord of Flies was an accusation that he had pledged himself or come under the control of a malevolent spirit or god. It was NOT referring to THE DEVIL, Lucifer, but a different being entirely.

But such is the way with religion and culture wars; to Paul, non-Christian Jews were to be considered Gentiles, to Mormons, non-Mormons became Gentiles and the Catholic Church became the new Babylon, the whore of the Earth. The meanings of words, names and phrases take different meanings in different cultures and over time. Sometimes former cultural elements are woven into the newer religions (such as Dia de los Muertos, an ancient Mezo-American celebration dating back some 3000 years, incorporating crosses, Christ on a crucifix and the Virgin Mary) and sometimes they're stomped out completely (like crucifixes and sacramental wine in Mormonism).

I know that you're angry at the church for its lies and deceptions, and that's completely justified. Frankly, it seems now to be more of a real estate company masquerading as a religion than a legitimate theology, if any theology can really be considered legitimate at all.

Mormonism is more overtly obfuscatory than other religions, especially when it trots out its PR and legal teams to disseminate Mormon protocol while the Q15 rarely say anything that isn't trite. But deception is still there in your average Christian churches, whose pastors and the like have gone through seminary, know the difficult and often contradictory messages of the Bible and yet only teach from a select few scriptures that make their parishioners feel good about surrendering their pocket change to support the organization.

It's not exactly the same, but it's certainly similar.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 12:20AM

This proves that I am satan.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 06, 2014 12:33AM

And I Stan with Dave.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.