Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: apples ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 11:51AM

I know that there was an announcement from the COB that they were going to give the Ogden spaceship a facelift starting in February 2011.
Then about mid February the COB announced that they had purchased the Ogden Motel that is directly accross Washington Blvd. east of the Ogden spaceship.
Well I drive around the Temple every work day when I go to lunch and this is how I see things from the outside looking around the place. In early February they must have been closed for about two weeks. Everyday the gates were closed and the parking lots were empty. I thought it was a sign that the facelift construction would soon begin. But then about the third week of February all the parking lots were full again. (every workday except Mondays) And they have lots of parking for that place. A large double decked parking garage and a large outdoor parking lot on the temple grounds. Also they have another fenced off lot that is accross the street to the south of the Temple. Around lunch time all the parking on the Temple grounds are full, and the off ground lot is usually half full or better. So from my view Ogden Temple attendance looks to be fairly robust.
Now for the last week or so they have been demolishing the Ogden Motel that is accross the street from the spaceship.
My questions to the board are:
Have the plans or timing for the Temple Facelift changed?
Does anyone know what the plans are for the property across the street?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apples ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 02:31PM

Sending to the top. Any comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.