Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tedd ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 03:57PM

I am seriously going to need some help with this music video "The Mormon dance" or its going to take me a decade of Sundays to get it done, which I am willing to do. But being that I only have a moderate income and I am not famous, I have no idea how I am going to deal with the already 10 person cast and I am only 1/3 of the way done with the writing of the music video.

I wish I had a budget, damn it!

I am going to be doing some sneaky Kamikaze stuff at sacrament meeting, etc.

Anyways, my email if anyone is interested: theohirsch@hotmail.com

Here is the song again:

http://www.reverbnation.com/theohirsch/song/20874719-the-mormon-dance

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whywait ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 04:01PM

Most people (of any religion) with a budget would like to keep their budget and have priorities to spend it on.

Investing it on a stunt such as this does not sound like a prudent way to manage money, especially if other people have entrusted you to spend their money in a responsible manner.

Date: May 21, 2014 04:04PM

I'm just throwing it out there, it never hurts to ask... And BTW, you never know who is going to listen to the song and love it. Not a bad investment if its done right

Date: May 21, 2014 04:16PM

Plus, if you listen to the song and envision its potential music video wise, it could easily go viral and open many doors in a very lucrative industry.

I am very confident in this song *especially* if I had a budget and a bit of a marketing force.

Dude, I'm going to make a Mormon dance... Seriously, this is actually an awesome opportunity for anyone in the industry. I have this thing, it called talent :-)

Date: May 21, 2014 04:25PM

Good luck with that.

Date: May 21, 2014 04:26PM

Once the production is done and I get the final product there will be no luck :)

Date: May 21, 2014 04:32PM

There will be no luck?

Of that I am certain.

Posted by: lenina ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 04:19PM

If the listener concentrates really hard the words to the song can almost be understood. It's the words that give the song purpose, so consider re-recording it more slowly and with a less nasally voice and use a lower pitch or tone.

Date: May 21, 2014 04:22PM

I am going to have the words going across the screen with a bouncing ball in the video

Trust me, I got it covered ;-)

This will work

Date: May 21, 2014 04:26PM

Even if you include the lyrics and a bouncing ball, the lyrics are so packed full of concepts and imagery and they go by way too fast to comprehend any of it.

Are you on some sort of stimulant medication?

Date: May 21, 2014 04:31PM

No, aren't you reading? He has talent. He said so himself.

Date: May 21, 2014 04:41PM

I think maybe you guys are too old for this style of music

:)

Date: May 21, 2014 04:44PM

And we are old enough to know better than invest our money in can't-miss music videos from people who proclaim themselves to be talented.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 05:05PM

You don't have to read this you know? Ingoring everything on the board is the speediest way to recovery. How about doing a bit of recovery yourself? If it isn't needed, why read and post here?

Date: May 21, 2014 05:11PM

If it angered or appalled me, I would agree.

This person more amuses me.

Date: May 21, 2014 04:31PM

LOL

No, its just you people on this silly bulletin board gave me too many topics, so I decided to cram them all into one techno song. The song is catchy, it has a hook, and a dance, not to mention Mormonism is under massive scrutiny these days.

Its has all the ingredients for success, and its danceable

I have been doing this long enough now to know this song in a video has what it takes. Especially since I'm writing it :)

Date: May 21, 2014 04:46PM

Yes the song is catchy & clever.

And it's danceable for anyone on crack.

Date: May 21, 2014 05:13PM

lenina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes the song is catchy & clever.
>
> And it's danceable for anyone on crack.

haha

I'll take that as a compliment

Date: May 21, 2014 05:23PM

WhyWait,

Ok, so here's the thing:

I am now 39 years old, but I do not in any way consider myself an adult, people who consider themselves adults are a Goddamn bore, and have ruined the planet and society.

So guess what that means?

It means that at this age I have had plenty of time to develop my artistry and inner poet, I have put in my time, I have written hundreds of songs, and can write about any topic you throw at me on the fly.

Therefore, any person who tells me anything besides "Theo Hirsch, your shit kicks ass", can suck my ***** **** and that's all there is too it. I will accept nothing but the truth, I kick ass.

Also, I posted this on a board online. Why even respond to it at all if it suck so bad? I seriously don't understand why you would even give me two fu**ing seconds of time.

Its not like I'm at your fu**ing door going: "HEY WHY WAIT, WANNA GIVE ME SOME FU**ING MONEY?!"

No, I did this non evasive thing called writing shit down and posting it so people can choose to click and put the mental effort into reading it.

OK?

So get that Goddamn itchy trigger, clicky finger of yours under control and go click on someone else's shit.

I don't give two flying fu**ing shits if you hate my music

It never ceases to amaze me how people on this bulletin board just never seem to get a fucking life

Jesus Christ

LOL

Date: May 21, 2014 05:30PM

I never bothered to listen to the song. Whether I love it or hate it will not change my opinion of your attempt at crowdsourcing money.

If you were everything you say, you would have more than a "moderate income" and you would be more than a little famous.

Date: May 21, 2014 04:32PM

Although am quite hyperactive haha

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 04:42PM

well tedd, I personally liked the song. It was techno (which some people just can't handle, oh well, but I also sensed a little reggae fusion as well.) I'm sorry, I don't have any money to give you lol, but I wanted you to know that not EVERYONE ^^ (hello up there) hated your song and thinks your idea is worthless. I'm looking forward to the video. Good luck man!

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 05:18PM

Best way to make money and get funding:

Step 1) go to a group known to be completely distrustful of anyone requesting blind trust and request blind trust

Step 2) insult said group

Step 3) alienate the demographic most likely to contain the funding you need

You may have talent, you may have ideas, but you need help with PR.

Edit: that being said, I kinda like the song and think it has potential, but wow, work on the PR skills.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 05:21PM by notnewatthisanymore.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 05:24PM

Christ on a cracker, he never asked for anyone to directly send him payment. He gave his email and said "if anyone is interested" And then linked to the project he is talking about. WTF is wrong with everyone today...cranky ass bitches!

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 05:27PM

Not cranky just pointing out, he is here trying to find a backer. You don't present a proposal and then in the follow up presentation call people "too old" "silly" or trigger one of our biggest trigger items here "I have no proof but trust me".

Edit: nevermind, I retract this part, there IS some serious negativity now, seems like some Cheerios got pissed in or something today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 05:32PM by notnewatthisanymore.

Date: May 21, 2014 05:29PM

thanks Tupperwear ;-)

Date: May 21, 2014 05:24PM

You got it

Not the best of ass kissers over, but hearin' ya

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 05:27PM

It has a good beat and it's easy to dance to. I gave it an 85.

Date: May 21, 2014 05:31PM

He doesn't want a grade. He desires Benjamins.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 05:32PM

I was making a joke from American Bandstand. I am an old fart.

Date: May 21, 2014 05:34PM

Then the song wasn't for you anyway. Or that's how the "artist" sees it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.