Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: byepolar ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 11:12PM

You chase the buddha your whole life. Then you find you are the Buddha. And you laugh. You've been searching for yourself this whole time. We are it. That is enlightenment. God is you, never ever seperate.

Mormonism is the penultimate religion for separating a human from God.

Or so I think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 11:53PM

In the end....THE DIRT NAP....nothing more. Our job is to live as full a life as we are capable of...and to influence those in our sphere for good. Religion is irrelevant.

Ron Burr

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:28AM

All that will be remembered of us was how we treated our friends and loved ones. Treachery is just as immortal as honesty, but our flesh is grass.

Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:33AM

Amen to Ron and Don!

Sorry for the rhyme... Poet and didn't know it situation.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:35AM

Who you loved and hated, and who loved or hated you back.

IF you left enough money to build a hospital or wing on a college people will say your name for decades. They won't give a fig who you were, they just know they have a class at the Rich entrepenure building at 3, and they better be there,

The world moves on. One generation later nobody knows anything about you. It doesn't matter how much money you left.
then there's people like my parents and grand parents. Never did a single thing that anyone wants to remember. Nobody wants to be reminded, They made their family miserable.

Their ward will show and up on a funeral. With a little luck I won't get a phone call.n

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 02:52AM by madalice.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 02:22AM

Did you make a difference? Did you use your time well? Did you live and love?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 11:37AM

"We are on earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different."
Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:17PM

A movie lasts usually between 1½ and 2½ hours, credits roll, the come up, and the audience leaves. If it was an especially good movie - or especially bad - it will leave the spectators with an impression that will stay with them for some time.

Some movies are Classics that resonate with audiences beyond the first generation, and they will be revisited and spoken about for a long time.

Some, sadly, are more akin to the actor in Macbeth's soliloquy: "a poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more."

But hundreds of movies come out every year, and many of those are very good and will also leave a lasting impression on a person. Each one has the potential to open up the views of the audience and allow them to readjust their perspective. But ultimately a movie will be enjoyed for a while and then forgotten.

Such it is with life: most of us will leave an impression upon our friends, family and associates that will last for a time, but the memory will eventually fade and in a generation or two we may simply be a story in a family history or an anonymous portrait inside an antique frame at a thrift store.

And that's okay. We're not meant to last forever; there are other people who will be born, and their time will come to play their part, then exit.

Humans aren't simply individuals; we are a race. We're a young species with only a couple hundred thousand years behind us and maybe a couple million ahead before we evolve into something else or are replaced by another thing entirely.

In the end, it's about life: ours, our family's, our country's, our species', our planet's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 01:19PM by En Sabah Nur.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:27PM

I've slowly accepted the fact that I am what I am, just another life span in a continuing parade of lives lived.

I'm on the far side of the arc of life and it's been an okay ride. Coulda been better, coulda been worse.

The best I can say is that I did not knowingly harm anyone else and have no plans for such a thing in the future.

I will die and be forgotten and that's fine by me. I need nothing when I die...

Posted by: armtothetriangle ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:32PM

byepolar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> God is you, never
> ever seperate.
>
> Mormonism is the penultimate religion for
> separating a human from God.
>
> Or so I think.

So I think, too. Once you know you're part of something infinite, the possibilities are greater, the limitations seem less.

Three narative gospels, Matthew, Mark and Luke, state at the time Christ died, the curtain in the Jerusalem temple tore in two, from top to bottom. First century Jews would have understood that to mean God and mankind were no longer separated. It took mormonism to put the veil up again, separating humankind from God.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:34PM

Religion has sold the lie that this life doesn't really matter, because it's just a prelude, just the crap that needs to be endured until the happy ending in the sky. And Mormonism says it's an exam, not the real thing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.