Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 09:04PM

Has anyone else noticed that Facebook reveals the allegiances and inside circle jerks in a Mormon ward? Some ward members will "add" any other ward member. Others will not add anyone new to their coven. Even if you get added into the sewing circle, your posts and comments will be ignored. Just another illustration of how fake many Mormons are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 01:13AM

Mormon Facebook is all about image. One woman and her husband were my FB friends even though they knew we were inactive but the minute they moved out of the ward, we were unfriended by both of them. Guess she just wanted the connection because her husband was our so-called home teacher and it was easier to get a hold of us by sending a FB message than by calling.

Date: May 21, 2014 02:21AM

The bishops wife abruptly unfriended me. Then I realized she did it the same day he was released. It took me a while to make the connection since I had stopped going. I was a charity friend until it wasn't necessary. She probably had burning in her bosom as she clicked her mouse. The whole mormons and Facebook thing is one big joke because few of them are capable or desirous of being a genuine friend outside the moron paradigm.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 02:30PM

For many TBM's, friendships are based on what ward they're in, and if they move or the ward is split, they ignore those in the old ward. I'm sure the same is true on Facebook, where as soon as they meet people in their current ward, they unfriend people from their old ward.

Posted by: reddwarf ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 03:40PM

It reminds me of when my mom told me how much she was going to miss one of her friends who lived 5 houses away. I asked if she was moving but it was that they had announced the ward was splitting along the road between them and now they were in different wards.

My mom and this lady talked for hours at least once a week for years but within a month the most contact they had was waving when one drove by or they saw each other at the store. It was like they built a barbed wire fence through the neighborhood and shot anyone attempting to cross. North Korea has nothing on North UtahValley.

Date: May 21, 2014 04:21PM

LOL!

Posted by: Virgil ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 04:41PM

On the positive side of things, FB is an easy way to find out someone's true-colors and where their allegiances really lie.

I've had several old high-school friends (all TBM's) recently unfriend me due to me posting the CES Letter on my wall. I didn't say anything negative or nasty, and all I asked was "who of my lds friends have read this? How do you reconcile some of these issues? Help me." And then I got unfriended.

Keep in mind these were all friends I hung out with every day, and still messaged/talked to occasionally, but now that I posed a threat to their cog dis I was unfriended.

I messaged them about it and none of them would give me a straight or honest answer. They were quick to click the unfriend button, but actually having an adult conversation they were not capable of. Childish and immature.

At the end of the day, they are going to unfriend you anyway - whether you're nice and tactful, or rude and disrespectful. As long as you go against the status quo, you're a threat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 04:42PM by virgil.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.