Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 07:07PM

How would you like to be a fly on the wall during that senior executive management meeting?

Personally I do not think it matters whether the rumor is true or not. I would suggest that none of these guys trust each other and the meeting would be somewhere between Lord of the Flies and Geriatric Survivor.

My guess is the Boyd would be rolled down a staircase. Dieter would skillfully become the master, though with facial scars inflicted by Bednars fingernails.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 07:10PM by deco.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 07:19PM

Mormons can easily write it off thanks to the old "even the elect shall be deceived" trope.

Posted by: whores'npratt ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 08:19PM

Defection? Not bloody likely.

These Golden Boys were vetted long and hard by veteran saintly masonical pshrinks for decades prior to ordination.

Surely, no suicidal tendencies emerged to disqualify any one of them... though historical exceptions give us reason to hope.

Posted by: BillShat ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 09:35PM

There'd have to be some serious financial difficulties before one of the top profit$$$ developed a troubled conscience. But there could be some possibilities once the gravy train has to tighten the belt a bit... My money's on Dieter.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 09:39PM

I find it hard to believe that one of them would announce their disbelief even if they did not believe. They'd be cutting off their income if they did that.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 10:08PM

Sine they will not talk) is that the huge forgivable loan would be due if they rat. Probably already spent if true.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 11:36AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they are forced to sign some sort of agreement when they are called, that essentially makes it impossible for them to defect.

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 11:42AM

But lets just say that one of the Q12 actually believed everything and was completely stalwart and your perfect peter priesthood. Isn't it conceivable that he discovers the truth about the church and then because he is so damn full of integrity, leaves the church despite all of the money and power? I think it is possible and I hope it happens. I do not however think that it will have much impact on other people's testimonies. After all, satan works harder on people that matter, amirite?

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:26PM

If one of them does leave, it will probably be with intense family pressure to do so.

I think the money does not matter. Most of those dudes are independently wealthy.

It may happen when an apostles family is forced to balance their love of a gay family member and the hate that LDS Inc continues to promote.

It will not be money, but rather family that could make this happen.

A better question is if this is actually necessary. It would be much more powerful if a lower level LDS "Edward Snowden" simply released a lot of copied LDS financial information, executive management meeting notes etc onto wikileaks.

A defecting apostle could be easily promoted as the work of satan. Actual documents proving them all working together in a sinister enterprise and discussing fleecing the sheep, market share etc would be far more damaging.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.