Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wilted Plant ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 03:46PM

I'm never going there again, and I was wondering what I should do with them.

Sell them on ebay?
Sell them on KSL.com?
Hang them up at a yard sale?
Burn them?

Help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 03:49PM

Wear it to Walmart

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 09:33PM

Indeed....we need more "Walmartians"....

Ron Burr

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 04:02PM

Every now and then people show up on the forum looking for them, so you could hold onto them until that happens.

I have a set otherwise I'd have taken you up on it.

It's always nice to keep them around somewhere to show people who don't believe you, as long as they don't haunt you or bother you n some way.

You could always set up an appt with the missionaries and answer your door wearing them...

Posted by: twistedsister ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 04:05PM

Use it for a scary Halloween costume <snicker>.

Eta- OMG, can you imagine walking around SLC dressed in the full temple regalia on Halloween?!? You could have a basket of chuck e cheese tokens to hand out! I'm dying! Part of me really wants to do this. I wonder if you'd get arrested?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 04:09PM by twistedsister.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 04:14PM

My EX-wife lost mine....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 04:15PM by quinlansolo.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 04:18PM

I threw mine in the trash.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 04:19PM

Non-mormons love to see what temple garb and garmies look like. The more they see, the more they spread the word and it saves people the grief of joining a repressive cult.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 05:09PM

Mine are in a landfill.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 05:11PM

If you must, take some selfies of you in them (not showing your face), and file them away, and then toss the costumes and underwear in the garbage.

Aren't Mormons supposed to cut out the marks and burn them, or something? That is too ritualistic. Don't give them any consideration. Anything to do with the temple was just too creepy and evil for me to have in my home--I was really phobic when I left.

Throwing away my garments and temple clothes in the trash, along with the cat litter, banana peels, and coffee grounds, was one of the most therapeutic things I ever did. I still can feel the elation of watching the truck collect the garbage and haul it away. What a great day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 05:11PM by forestpal.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 10:08PM

This. Do the selfie thing. Having digital evidence is all you need to show how weird Mormons are. I would do half with the face hidden, half with it not hidden, depending on where you want to post them.

You can also post them in certain comment sections, which comes in handy when spreading the message that Mormons are weird, if you ever feel the need to remind the world of this obvious fact.

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 05:28PM

To be honest the Guy and I did a hilarious but very therapeutic fotoshooting in them and violate their sanctuary. It was way fun and releasing.... We still want to post them on FB or somewhere else but this might bother too many TBM (and for some purposes this isn't a good idea yet) and the rest of our "normal" friends might think we need psychiatric help - immediately.

But setting up an appointment with mishs HT VT or what ever and answering the door in full regalia is a nice idea but don't forget to take a pic of their faces....

Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 09:09PM

Be a zombie.

Posted by: magic823 ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 09:11PM

Sold mine on ebay and in the ad explained why I left the morg.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 09:15PM

Did you get a good price?

Posted by: magic823 ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 10:04PM

Over $100.

Posted by: slimchance ( )
Date: May 20, 2014 09:27PM

I've used mine to show friends how silly the clothes look. Also, if I ever get harassed by missionaries one day I would like to have my clothes ready by the front door, throw them on, open the door slightly, extend my hand out, and say "What is wanted".

Posted by: testimonyman ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:16AM

I recently started to use them to stash my pot from my kids. I roll up my bag of weed in the green apron. It really works great. Nobody will ever find my stash.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:19AM

I've kept the temple robes, apron, veil, sash in a small box. Might just toss them some day.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:32AM

My apron comes out every easter. I wear it while fixing dinner. My DH thinks it's funny. Nobody else knows what it is.

Posted by: Godzilla ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:51AM

I still have mine altought it has been almost 2 years since my last "session". I want to sell them and i did try to sell them on ksl classifieds (the lds media outlet that includes radio, newspaper, web and tv) but they wouldn't post it.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 12:52AM

I've thought of using mine for a costume party someday. When someone asks me what I'm dressed as (not many Mormons around these parts) I'll give them the lesson on Mormon temple crazy ceremony. Could be fun.

Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: May 21, 2014 01:06AM

My wife and I threw ours, including the cutesy little suitcases we got to go with them, in a box of junk we gave to the D.I. If I were getting rid of them today I would sell them on eBay. Get back a little of the money you wasted buying them to begin with.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.