Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Delightsome White Boy ( )
Date: May 06, 2014 05:39PM

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/01/daniel_clyde_hunter_thief.php

Hmmmmm. He GUARANTEED 30% a year returns.
Why are Mormons so susceptible to these ludicrous promises of massive returns?

Rumor has it that a GA was conned by this Stake President.

Anyone know President Hunter?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: May 06, 2014 05:45PM

Any relation to Howard W.?

HWH was from SoCal as well.

I can only imagine the lies this guy had to tell himself in order to justify his lying and stealing.

Mormons are very good at lying to themselves. It took me a good 25 years or so to learn to stop lying to myself.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: May 06, 2014 07:04PM

Any bets on if he loses his recommend or membership?

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: May 07, 2014 02:44AM

Only if he didn't tithe onhis winnings.

Read it here before Mormons are very "Caveat Emptor" friendly. Just like the religion. If you are foolish enough to buy the ticket--you get the ride.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:33AM

It's white collar crime. White and delightsome.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:24PM

Dorothy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's white collar crime. White and delightsome.

hahahahhahahaha Yes.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 03:06PM

White and delightsome crime with a ring around the collar.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 03:14PM

Also known as Pure Collar Crime.

Date: May 06, 2014 08:09PM

Anyone here have him as a Stake President?

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: May 06, 2014 11:57PM

Yes, he was our Stake Pres. What happened here is symptomatic of other stuff going on in this particular ward and stake. Extremely high income households; large percentage of donations to Prop 8 came from this group. Seemed a lot like a cartel. That's all I feel like saying for now (because it brings back too many bad feelings and memories)...

Date: May 07, 2014 06:08PM

Anon for this.
I was from the same stake.

He donated $5,000 on 9-2-2008 to Prop 8.
Or should I say that the poor people he ripped off did.

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: May 07, 2014 08:13PM

Many others of his cronies in the ward/stake donated from $25,000 to $100,000 to Prop 8. Their names are all on "the list." These were top leaders in the ward and stake during the time that various 'business activities' were carried out. A nearby stake president often referred to the LB/LN phenonenon as a House of Cards. Apparently he was right.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: May 07, 2014 06:26PM

I grew up in that area. I can think of 3 other Melc. Priesthood holders that went to jail from the area.

Mormons can't get enough of fraud...

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 12:40AM

What a prick this ex SP.

Mormons should blame their woes on the failures of the holy ghost. He's out smoking crack on his lunch break and not enlightening others to the "truth" that Daniel was running a fraudulent business and to stay way. Yet that didn't happen. I bet every one of his Mormon investors felt the burning in the bosom that this investment will allow them to live high on the hog in the future. I guess that plan went to shit real fast.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 06:55AM

a comment-

'As I have been saying for a long time, this has been coming for a long time and is long over due. In a ridiculous act of hypocrisy, Dan has been seen within the last couple of weeks at the Mormon church in Laguna Beach with his delusional wife Beverly, who still insists that Dan is not a crook and loves God. What a joke! Who does he think he's kidding? Certainly not God, who already knows where Dan is heading (and it's NOT heaven!).'

i liked the delusional wife comment. It sounds so mormon.

'I am a former business associate of Dan's and he invited me to his office to discuss a "deal" he had for me and my partner. His "business partner" Marc Sessions Jensen is a convicted felon on probation for bank fraud (Google name for details).'

so i did google it, and he is involved in scandal involvin the Utah attorney general. are Mormon fraudsters always all linked up like this?

Date: May 08, 2014 10:14AM

How many Temple Worthiness interviews do you think he conducted while scamming business.
Word is that he scammed a bunch of the major prop 8 donors on the list.
He also deceived a GA Seventy/Temple president in the area.

Just remember the church is perfect, the people aren't. Lol
"Answer from a TBM in ward."

Date: April 22, 2018 12:04PM

The perfect church allows one adult, one child, closed door interviews. They'll fix this eventually and claim that they've been perfect all along.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: May 08, 2014 12:57PM

I can guarantee he's a RM.

Posted by: Joe Below ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 09:11AM

Stumbled on this. Yes I knew Dan Hunter quite well, worked on some projects with him and golfed with him a few times. Nice guy, nice family. There were others in the stake that were prominent members who also like to engage in fraud. I remember a Brother Clawson, insurance fraud I believe that ended in an ankle bracelet, house arrest. Now John sorenson is awaiting some kind of Medicare fraud with his company of skilled nursing facilities, North American health care. It's a weird paradox down there in south Orange County where the appearance of purity, and obedience has a heavy undertow of greed, and competitive "jones-ing". I can't believe I once wanted to be in that in group. I'm out now and out of the So Cal area .

Posted by: Bah bah booet ( )
Date: April 21, 2018 11:59PM

Daniel Hunter 4 has the same mindset as his crook of a father.
He goes on Dr Phil ,pretends to write a book with very little to say but relies on other Mormon Lawyers to complete it.

He needs to write a book on his lowlife con artist but not a white washed one.

Posted by: Nomomomo ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 02:50PM

I remember talking to Dan around the mid 90’s with Dan saying God already knows the future, otherwise how could He promise blessings.

I said if that is true Dan, then the celestial kingdom has a known “ reservation list” so to speak...so making good choices are not really choices... we are destined?

Dan gave me a look of “you see the beauty of the gospel”! I put a that on the shelf.

Thank you Dan as you helped me out of the checklist salvation club of cool vacations and cheese cake to die for.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 10:34AM

The church doesn't care. In fact, they encourage it. The amount of money they get from their 10% cut of fraudulent activity far outweighs what they lose if that person gets caught. I know people who are very dishonest in their business, receive million-plus dollar fines from the government, etc., but still give the LDS their cut so they were able to go to all their kids' weddings. When people who are struggling financially, give hundreds of hours a year of free time to the church, but trying so hard and just can't make the 10% sit outside.

And what part of the word CULT do people not understand?

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 11:27AM

Seems I heard that somewhere that the entire cost of the Newport Beach temple was footed by the wealthy of So Orange County.

If so then its a fraudulent temple built with fraudulent funds.

Appropriate, no?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 11:03AM

The consensus theory of most people, above, is that he is an outright hypocrite, violating the ethical standards he purports to believe in. I have a slightly different take on men like this. It involves hypocrisy, to be sure, but the motivation is different.

I suggest that he was the typical "wolf in sheep's clothing," somebody who had no belief whatsoever in LDS or loyalty to TSCC, but a cynical actor who played the role of devout priesthood holder -- very devout! -- so that he could devour the sheep. He had to be soooooo good at his role, that he advanced in the hierarchy, all the way to stake president, which gave him the credentials of (trust)-worthiness so the sheep would come willingly into his den to be eaten.

This board is comprised of people who saw through the fraud of TSCC and the gullible mindset of the membership. I suggest that he may be, too. The difference is that you left in ethical disgust, and constructed a new ethical system. If my theory is right, he stayed, and constructed his own UN-ethical system to take advantage of the LDS gullibility that is decried here so very often.

So what kind of hypocrite is Huntington? 1) The man who believed in his church, but miserably failed his standards and fellow believers? or 2) the devious cynic who shrewdly exploited his fellows? As a Christian, I hold that only God knows for sure (kukdos to Somnambulist, above). Either way, he's a very lost soul, absent an authentic, moral repentance.

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 11:11AM

How's he any different then the leaders of the church? Conning 10% of a lifetime of income. He's just doing what he's been indoctrinated to do, "follow the profit...".

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 01:47PM

A family converted to the Church in a ward we were a members of. They seemed ideal Mormons to be - father with a career, mother at home and 3 children.

After baptism they began only attending once per month. What was going on? Eventually, a member of the bishopric inquired about their attendance on other weeks.

We learned that the brother had learned that joining a church was "good for business." The more people you know - the more potential business contacts for a real estate agent.

But rather than joining *a* church - he had joined FOUR! On the other 3 Sundays of the month, he was making his appearance at those other churches.

Date: April 22, 2018 12:10PM

A beautiful young couple joined the church in my CA ward.

We were all kind of surprised, but so pleased that the one true church was being validated---

Until they started selling AMWAY.

It took them just a few weeks to leave after no one was buying.

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 11:09AM

Based on the date of the article, this dude will be getting out in a month or so..... Hide your wallets!

Posted by: Ogden ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 11:07AM

He wasn't an RM. He and Bev had a shotgun wedding when she was a HS senior.

Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 12:00PM

Does things like this sound familiar?

Bank Fraud (Kirkland, Ohio)
BoA Fraud
BoM Fraud

Sounds like a lot of Mormons took lessens from Joseph Smith Jr!

Posted by: Out Of There ( )
Date: September 04, 2017 12:34PM

I used to live there, too. These scammers are not people who are "nice, otherwise." Many years before these frauds, the Elder's Quorum formed a men's group, that fronted as a "golfing club." Essentially, they would cover for each other, while they cheated on their wives. They would brag to each other about their conquests. All of them, except for the EQ President and group leader, got divorced. My brother-in-law was in the bishopric, my husband had a high position, there were two other brothers, our dentist, the Scout leader, our HT, who cheated and got divorced. Only one, my BIL, was excommunicated. Those men hit on me and my married friends, but we didn't take them seriously. We couldn't have been more NOT-interested in those narcissistic, flabby, pale, creepy garment wearers--when we lived by the beach, among healthy surfers, sailors, and soccer-coach dads who were into their children, the schools and community, and good clean outdoor fun. Those men and their wives were our friends. The sleazy Mormon men came across as mentally-ill perverts.

We had no idea that group of Mormons were also crooks in business, until later. My friends, my SIL, and I all got divorced, and moved out of there, and most of us left the cult. We took our children with us.

We also discovered that 10 years previous to our ward group, there had been yet another "illegal group" and scandal in that same ward. It seemed to run in the Mormon families, there.

The rest of the community, and the schools, were very nice.

Posted by: Rich then poor ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 12:17AM

has a money grubbing namesake son, who loves himself by going on DrPhil to pull the wool over potential and current legal clients.
He has a “book” (they all think they have remarkable lives”. hunter4 writes a few pages and says it is his book but actually it is merely to see himself on TV.

Hunter 4 is on the same path his father, if he wants to see himself, to hear himself he can use the bathroom mirror and see the billboard size forehead.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:27AM

My mission president, who was a lying thug and all-round @sshole, but who could turn on the charm when needed, was convicted of financial fraud. He happened to have been my brother's stake president. My brother was stunned to learn the man everyone thought was a beacon of holiness was actually a crook. I wasn't surprised in the least.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 03:11PM

\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2018 03:12PM by auntsukey.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:33PM

Same fraudulent nonsense goes on in NYC, just different names of SP's. His bishop knew he was a fraud and did nothing. The cult promoted him to be a MP and then TP. He was wealthy and gave big $ to the cult. It's pure evil.

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 11:19PM

All linksin this thread are bad links.

LDS Security must be on overtime.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 11:48PM

>All linksin this thread are bad links

The links are all 2-4 years old. And the link to the church news archive still works.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.