Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 08:33PM

Because of him, we have LDS, Inc.

Because of him, the temple ceremony was restored to its original form (and changed later, trumped by focus group results)

Because of him, 15 men with no background in theology and no training in counseling make decisions for (allegedly) 15 million people.

According to "him" he has done more for humankind than Jesus, so it's got to be Joseph Smith. He's the one we talk about on Smithmas and its the one who is discussed at Easter.

I have never heard the word "crucifixion" at Sacrament meeting, ever. How about you?

Kathleen Waters

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 09:37PM

anagrammy I enjoy reading your posts. You have deep thoughts and when I was a TBM I was singing "follow the prophet" without thinking why aren't I am singing "follow Jesus?"

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 02:09PM

I cried to my mother that it was "nothing special at all," just a regular Sacrament meeting with lilies instead of wildflowers in front.

It was so barren that I joined the choir of a local gentile church, just to feel like part of Christianity on Christmas and Easter.

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: subieguy180 ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 10:04PM

I hated when they mentioned that on sunday. I just want to remember Jesus(If he exists) not Joseph Smith.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.