Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:49PM

My son roasted sliced apple chicken sausage with garlic cloves on a bed of sauerkraut. We had artichoke hearts on the side. It was delicious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 09:59PM

We haven't had an Easter dinner in years. My sister got married, had kids and they started going up to his Mom's place for the long-weekend. My brother lives too far away. We might have kept it up for a few years, but after that, we just didn't bother. We had hamburgers for dinner.

Posted by: IDRugger ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:01PM

Carne asada and chicken mole.

Posted by: mew ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:07PM

Ham and all the fixings with NO TBM's! :)

Posted by: reawakening ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:12PM

I love to cook so I went all out! Roasted garlic pork tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, strawberry spinach salad with a strawberry grapefruit basil vinaigrette, dinner rolls, and carrot cake with cinnamon cream cheese icing. Everything was made from scratch and tasted fabulous. Wish I could have shared it with you all. Kids ate too much candy before dinner so they only nibbled. I was working away in the kitchen I forgot they had free rein over their stash. In fact they came to the table with little belly aches. But they enjoyed their day.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:19PM

Pork tenderloin grilled on the barbie...small whole boiled potatoes, leeks, cabbage, and string beans. Home baked custard pie for desert.

Posted by: formerRLDS ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:23PM

We don't do a special dinner for Easter because my partner is not Christian. Tonight I warmed up leftover pork roast, made some linguine with parmesan from a boxed mix, and steamed some veggies for our dinner, then prevailed upon her to take me to Dairy Queen for a chocolate cone. :)

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:31PM

Deviled Eggs and Stuffed Celery

Grilled Duck L'Orange (it was a beautiful day here)
Potatoes Au Gratin
String Beans
Roasted Pears with Caramelized Walnuts

Peach Cobbler with Whipped Cream

All from scratch. But we'll cook a meal like this even without a holiday.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:31PM

I made braised leg of lamb, funeral potatoes, brussel sprouts, deviled eggs, rolls, and a green salad for hubby and I and our 5 kids.

Posted by: flyfisher ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:32PM

Smoked baby back ribs, with oven taters, baked beans, and peach cobbler!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:39PM

We had a glazed ham, baked yams, baked Purple Viking potatoes and a cabbage salad and deviled eggs....very traditional Easter fare in our home...followed by killer carrot cake w/cream cheese icing....oh, and a couple of fine beers as a chaser...life is good here.

Ron Burr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2014 10:41PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: April 20, 2014 10:45PM

Prime rib with all the fixings and I made a cheesecake for an early celebration of my sister's 53rd as tout le gang was here.I did have to laugh at the recipe, one my Mum has had for years, which was out of a magazine dated February 1963 stating the cost of the cake was $1 to make...I spent more than $10.00 on the cheese alone.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 02:20AM

Ham, mac and cheese, and asparagus baked with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 02:35AM

Smoked salmon deviled eggs, Brown sugar maple glazed ham, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, and dinner rolls. For desert we had coconut cake. All homemade. Absolutely lovely and perfect day :)

Posted by: clasp ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 02:38AM

Funeral potatoes- duh! haha

Ham, deviled eggs, asparagus, pulled pork sandwiches

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 02:42AM

Ribeye steak, scalloped potatoes with Cheddar cheese, fresh creamed corn, and cooked shredded red cabbage with a balsamaic dressing.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 03:01AM

Barbecued rabbit. (Just kidding)

Pork roast.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 03:42AM

A lamb, walking across an Armenian's back yard just before Easter.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 03:56AM

We had pork cooked in la caja china, and arroz congri, which is rice with black beans. I married into a Cuban family.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 07:04AM

I bought the smallest one I could find.

Had a little mishap and spilled gravy from the gravy boat into my dishtowel drawer. What a mess! LOL

I didn't feel like washing the gravy boat after cleaning up the mess, so we passed around a cereal bowl with what was left of the gravy.

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 08:48AM

Out for Chinese. A Jewish tradition.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 08:59AM

Bake it at home pizza from Von's.

What!?

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 09:27AM

A lovely Easter dinner with one of my sons I only see once a year of so due to distance, and his girlfriend. Usually it is just me, my husband, and the son who lives with us. I went all out this time. Roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, brocoli, fruit salad, sweet potatoes with kale and mushrooms, cranberry sauce, and homemade carrot cake with cream cheese icing for desert. Everyone loved it.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 10:12AM

We had an Eastover brunch. Suitable for Easter or Passover. Turkey, fruit, eggs (with Turkey sausage) Turkey bacon and lots of chocolate.

Posted by: White Cliffs ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 10:27AM

"Eastover"--I love it! I'm sure the biblical Jesus would approve.

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 10:36AM

A lovely ham butt with marmalade glaze. Baked yams, steamed brussels sprouts and asparagus.

So full we never got to dessert which was Häagen-Dazs butter pecan ice cream with chocolate topping.

Posted by: nomo moses ( )
Date: April 21, 2014 10:48AM

We had a pot-luck dinner after church services. I made jello shots shaped like eggs. They are always a big hit. I made regular jello-bean shaped jigglers for the kids.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.